Travel Agents

IslandJacks
By IslandJacks,
in

I have tried these websites (Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, etc.) but have found that my local travel agent can get the same or better deals. I just tell her what I am looking for and she always calls back with several options that help me save money and have more value for the money I spend. She never charges a fee except for when I only need an airline ticket. Have any of you tried to use a travel agent?

Jack

Welcome to BetterBidding!

The prices obtained thru Priceline and Hotwire can NOT be compared to the prices of other internet booking agencies like Expedia, Orbitz, etc. They're not in the same category.

Some travel agents might be able to beat the prices of Orbitz, Expedia, and the hotel websites themselves, but i have yet to find a travel agent that can beat the prices offered thru Priceline or Hotwire (since these services require me to buy "blind", i always check rates after my purchase.... which also raises the question of how you can say your TA can beat Priceline and Hotwire rates since the hotel is only revealed after you agree to purchase).

Double check some of the rates that are obtained on this board, and the following are hotels that i have personally received, i don't think your TA could even come close:

Miami Downtown Hyatt: $27

South Beach Royal Crowne Plaza: $85

Princeton Radisson: $38

Pittsburgh William Penn: $42

Feel free to add $5.95 to the above rates, but not tax, to make an apples-to-apples comparison.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]