Hotwire Hotel: 4* Toronto (Downtown West) Sheraton Centre

nicksd
By nicksd,
in

4-star hotel in Downtown Toronto West from 3/26 to 3/29 $57/night using HOTWIRE link.

Amenities: Smoke Free Rooms, Fitness Center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business Center, High-speed Internet Access.

Traveler rating

TripAdvisor logo

4.0 out of 5 4.0 out of 5

Based on 520+ customer reviews (Last reviewed March 2009)

My guess: Sheraton Centre ?

Thanks for your help.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

The Sheraton Centre has typically been seen with a Spa icon in addition to the amenities above, but with the Tripadvisor info showing 520+ reviews, my best guess would be the Sheraton as well.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You are right, I missed the Spa Icon somehow. I try to buy it today but it's not available now. The only options available right now are:

4.5* Toronto West $86 Fitness, Pool, Restaurant, Bus Center, High Speed Internet, Spa

4* Toronto East $66 Smoke Free, Fitness, Pool, Restaurant, Bus Center, High Speed Internet, Tennis, Spa

4* Toronto West $95 Airport Shuttle, Fitness, Pool, Restaurant, Bus Center, High Speed Internet.

Price has really gone up, should we wait for couple of days? thanks for your help.

Price has really gone up, should we wait for couple of days?

It dpeneds...

Were you looking specifically for the Sheraton or were you attracted to it because of price? How strict is your budget?

The 4* East property is a match for the Westin Harbour Castle so that would be our best guess for that one. With less than 10 days to go before check-in, you have some time, but not a lot... if the East property disappears and nothing new presents itself, than you'll be left with much higher options.

So it's a risk if you would like to wait to see if the Sheraton returns, if another hotel at a low price point presents itself, or if you do nothing and the prices go higher.

Alternately, you could try bidding on PRICELINE and hope for a 4* for about the same price as your original HOTWIRE offer (but will no have 'guess' as to the property you'll likely receive... you coudl receive a property anywhere within the shaded boundary of PRICELINE's zone, which is a little larger than HOTWIRE's zone since they combine hotwire's East/West zones into one larger "Downtown" zone)

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

No I don't have a strict budget. I like Sheraton because of its location, quality and price plus it connects to the PATH. We like to walk around at night w/ the baby so Westin Harbour could be a bit out and somewhat isolated (according to some comments on trip advisors). I am fairly experienced with priceline but I decided to go with hotwire this time (my first) because East and West zones are separate so the risk of getting something far from the center is far less than Priceline. I will continue to keep an eye on these hotels in the next couple of days. I appreciate any advice from you. Thanks for your help.

Yes I am trying to stay closer to $65 area. I can get Cambridge Suites Hotel now for $88 and Westin Harbour for around $55 (with a little bit of work but I kinda don't want to stay out there). I will make my decision in the next 2-3 days. Thanks for your help.

Not sure if SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID is an option for your or not, but if you search for just the last 2 nites of your stay, 3/27-3/29, what appears to be the Sheraton is still appearing for $66/nite.

Congratulations on your (partial) success!

You could try holding out to see if the Sheraton re-appears but with their hotel direct rate for that Thursday nite at $215 i'm not sure if it will re-appear or not (rates for the date you booked are $151/nite)

I would think some of your decision would be based upon what time you get into the city on Thursday... if you're arriving late at nite than the location and property doesn't matter as much, if arriving early and you'll still have time to see and explore the city, then it matters a bit more (of course taking price into consideration as well). If i saw something that was in close proximity to the Sheraton i would consider that as well since it would make for an easy transition on 'switch day' on Friday (you can enter the address of the Sheraton into BackUpBooking.com to see which hotels are within close proximity)

Thank you for sharing your results with the board and using our HOTWIRE link to begin your purchase.

For additional help with the remaining nite of your stay, or to report a purchase, please start a NEW TOPIC (since this thead now reflects your 2nite purchase)

Thanks again. My Priceline instinct had me go back to look at several hotels' web sites around Sheraton for Thursday and the price is really high compared to the next two nights. I booked Super 8 in China Town, a basic and clean hotel which got good ratings from Trip Advisors for $59 for Thursday as my back up plan. I have until 4 p.m. of my arrival day to cancel. I will continue to keep an eye on Sheraton until then and I will report in a new thread. Thanks so much for your help. It's been exciting and educating for me as I learn something new.

Life is crazy....Something happened as I was finishing this post...........Please see my new Toronto Sheraton :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]