Priceline Hotel: Priceline

shirttale
By shirttale,
in

Priceline only guarantees accomodations for 2 people, and this can be a problem in cities known for small rooms (like NYC), but i haven't heard of any problems in this area for a small family such as yours getting accomodated.

Which port in FL are you leaving from? (depending upon which port you're leaving from, i'll tell you how i would handle the above situation).

Also, assuming it's mom, dad, and 3 children, what are the ages of the children? Like i said, i wouldn't expect, nor have i heard of, any problems in this area, but i would probably feel more comfortable if a "child" is 5 years old vs. 17 years old.

You may also want to READ THIS similar situation.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

A common hotel "won" in the area is the downtown Hyatt, which i've stayed in and have a very favorable REVIEW.

Two things you can do:

1) Call the Hyatt and the Sheraton directly (no need to mention priceline, just making an inquiry) and ask them if their rooms can accomodate 2 adults and 3 children in a room. (and if so, i would ultimately handle it the same way i described in the link above, have one adult check-in while the other family members "browse" the lobby, then call for a roll-away cot once you're in the room) Like i said above, i haven't heard of any families having a problem and i'd think that all would go fine, but no guarantees.

2) The Hyatt often goes for under $30/nite (i'll give you a specific strategy if you decide if/how you want to go forward), so you may want to start your vacation without the hassle or worry about the check-in process, and bid for 2 rooms. Even if you choose to go for 2 rooms, it may likely be cheaper than one room thru conventional means.

I guess which of the 2 options you choose to go with depends upon your personality and how much you would worry about it, how your kids would handle 'camping' on the floor in a worst case scenario situation, if this would ruin the rest of your vacation, budget, etc.

Any add'l questions or if you make a decision and want to move forward, just post and i'll be happy to help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]