Hotwire Hotel: 2.5* Monterey-Carmel (Monterey) Vagabond Monterey

rickied
By rickied,
in

• 3 weeks later...

I also posted this under the Hotel Reviews forum....

I just got back from a 4 day stay at the Vagabond Monterey. This hotel is listed as 2.5 stars. I booked two rooms for 3 adults, $39 each room. I needed one room to have two beds. When I called the hotel to request that arrangement I was told that would require an upgrade from the Hotwire price. The upgrade cost was $20 each night. I don't know if that is standard operating procedure or not. Just aware that if you need two beds in a room you will pay the $20 up charge.

Location: This was great for us. It is located in a central location to the places I needed to go.

Amenities: Slim, but we weren't looking for much! There is a outside hot tub that wasn't working. We didn't get to try the continental breakfast because it started at 7:30am and we were always gone by that time. The upgrade room had a fireplace. Each room had small fridge and microwave.

Cleanliness: Yes, the hotel and grounds were clean. Of course, take this from 3 guys that were on a golf trip!

Staff: Friendly enough. We didn't really require any help from the staff for anything.

Would we do it again: In a heartbeat!

I have nothing bad to say about the Vagabond other than the upgrade cost for two bed room was a little bit of a shock.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]