Hotwire Hotel: 4* Rome (Central) Golden Tulip Ambra Palace

Geoffrey123
By Geoffrey123,
in

Hi everyone,

I have been having a difficult time finding a reasonably priced 4* hotel in Rome Central on both Hotwire and Priceline for May 5-12, 2009. On Priceline, I have so far bid up to $136 for a 4* (and will keep trying) and up to $187 for a 5*.

On Hotwire there is a 3.5* property in Central Rome for $109, and it looks as though betterbidding readers have inquired about it although it doesn't appear to have been IDed correctly yet. The amenities are airport shuttle, fitness center, pool, restaurant, and business center. Some did say it might be the Four Points Sheraton Roma, but that's in the West part of the city and Hotwire ids this as in Central.

Any ideas? The Rome Central section appears to go very far south on the map so I'm wondering if they've redrawn the map for this place.

Thanks.

Some did say it might be the Four Points Sheraton Roma, but that's in the West part of the city and Hotwire ids this as in Central
Did you look at a map of this property's location and a close-up of HOTWIRE's map of this region OR are you only going on the basis of the name of the hotel and the name of the zone? If you look closely at HOTWIRE's zone boundary it looks like it may fall wthin the Central zone... but i don't know the area well enough to tell for certain (that maps are not that clear) I'm not saying this is the Four Points but i wouldn't exclude it basedon the zone names.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for getting back to me. I looked at the hotel map and it appears that the 4 Point Sheraton Roma West is much further south than the boundary of the Hotwire Central Rome map. The Hotwire Central Zone map does dip far to the south (hardly central Rome), but still not that far south.

At this point I will keep trying PRICELINE and have some backups. Given HOTWIRE's map, I'm reluctant to try, although it would be great to finally ID this property - I just don't want to be the guinea pig.

BTW, I do always use your HOTWIRE and PRICELINE links.

Hi everyone,

I'm still in pursuit of a room in Rome for the above dates. Hotwire just added to my almost daily inquiries a 4* property in Rome Central for the above dates for $163.00.

4* in Rome Central for 5/5-5/12/09

The amenities listed are:

Complimentary Breakfast

Business Center

High-speed Internet Access

Any ideas? Thanks.

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread.

The Golden Tulip Ambra Palace has this star rating and amenity combination so that would be my best guess, but i'll add that the Tripadvisor information supplied by HOTWIRE is slightly off from the current information for this property at Tripadvisor... so this casts a shadow of doubt on this ID. At least if not this poroperyt, it is showing a 4.0/5.0 user review rating so you can at least know that it's a "good' one as per user reviews.

If this seems like a good deal you may want to consider seeing if this property is avaialble for the first, or last, nite of your stay, and then again for the balance. If so, you could purchase the solo nite in order to "look behind the curtain" and confirm the hotel's identity... if you're happy with the results go ahead and purchase the balance of your stay; if not, make altnerate plans for the remainder of your trip.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I just booked the 4* Golden Tulip Ambra Palace in Central Rome on HOTWIRE. Did as you recommended: purchased the first night 5/5/09-5/6/09 for $159 to id the property and then booked the rest of our stay for $164 (5/6/09-5/12/09).

I am happy with this property and relieved to have finally booked a decent room for a decent rate. :)

Thanks again.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received the hotel you were hoping for and are happy with the results.. Nice job on SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID in order to confirm the property's identity.

Now onto planning your itinerary in Rome :)

Thank you for sharing your results with the board and using our HOTWIRE link to begin your purchase.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]