NE Omaha Embassy Suites

history100
By history100,
in

The room has the basic Embassy Suites layout - separate sitting area, bathroom, bedroom. The sitting area has stuffed chair and pull-out couch, tv, table, sink, microwave, coffee maker, and small fridge. Bedroom also has tv. You can close the door between the two rooms for total privacy. Bathroom is stocked with Bloom Energy bath products. Everything was clean, well-maintained. In-room internet access is $10/day, and not especially reliable. I had one day of service during my three-day stay, and the connection was dropped several times. I complained and was not charged for the service but it made my work time very frustrating. There is free internet service in the lobby but that kind of defeats the purpose of having a great work area in the room.

There is free cook-to-order breakfast, cereals, fruit, beverages, and breads every morning, and a manager's reception in the evening. Drinks are free - mixed drinks, not just beer and wine. There is a pool and restaurant on-site. The food was average, not exciting.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. There is van service to and from airport or train station. They will also shuttle you to almost anywhere you want to go in the area. This year they drove me the short mile to the Joslyn Art Museum, a few years ago they took a group of us to a hockey game in Council Bluffs. Whether you have a car or not, the van service is the way to go.

Parking at the hotel is not convenient. Valet parking is $14/day, self-park is $8/day and is a block away.

One of the best things about this hotel is the location. It is across the street from Old Market - old brick streets and sidewalks, trendy restaurants, an art gallery, eclectic stores, etc. The best stop: used bookstore one block off the Old Market. It is also walking distance from the Qwest Center and Convention Center.

Trip advisor gives it 4 out of 5 rating. Priceline rates it 3 stars. It is a very good value for 3 stars. The parking and additional internet cost are cons, but the breakfast, manager's reception, van service, friendly staff, great location, spacious rooms and open, airy common areas are solid pros. Good for families with children and for business travelers. It is big enough for everyone to share the common space.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]