Looking for most secure parking lot and lowest price near Candlewood S

Jimbo034
By Jimbo034,
in

I did neither yet, I want to make sure first I can get reasonable parking for the 13 days after the one night stay.

For the dates I'm looking at the one night would cost about a $100 per night through their web site or $80 per night if I use Hotwire, no idea what it would be on Priceline.

Good question.

13 days parking at the pier in Bayonne is around $250

So I'm looking to pay around the same $250 for the hotel and parking. If I get the hotel for around $80, I would still have around $170 left for parking the car for the 13 days.

Added bonus of staying at the hotel the night before the cruise is to experience of staying in the Jersey City area to get the feel of it around there because in the future we may take some long weekend vacations from there and go into New York City.

Thereueare can I park my car at your house? :)

Thereueare can I park my car at your house? :)
For $250 i may even let you sleep here too!

Here's the issue you're going to face...

Even if you could find 'reasonable' parking you have the issue of "how will you get to the pier"? A taxi from Jersey City to the Bayonne Pier will run you ~$35-$45+ depending upon which cab company you call. Even at the low end of the range, you're looking at $70/RT plus tips... which when adding in the hotel, leaves you with well under $100 for parking... which i don't think you're going to be able to do in this area for 13 nites.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

We did think about that also, we are going to take the train(Hudson-Bergen Light Rail) from Jersey City to 34th street in Bayonne and then taxi to the pier from there. We figured a tax from there each way would be about $10 plus a tip.

Even reasonable parking in Bayonne would do if we could find somewhere safe and around $10 per day.

We even thought about taking a train all the way from South Jersey.

But that would take 4 trains.

River Line..Florence to Trenton

NEC..Tenton to Newark Penn Station

Path...Newark Penn Station to Exchange Place

NBLR....Exchnage Place to 34th Street

But with maybe 3 suitcases plus 2 carry-ons that might be a little much. I'm sure it's doable but not pleasant.

you could park at the NJ Transit Priceton Junction station for $4 per day or Hamilton Station for $6 per day or Metropark station for $5 a day. It might be cheaper to get a monthly pass for 13 days; depending on the station, the cost is $55-95, and you may need to arrange for this in advance. You can transfer at the Secaucus Junction station to Hoboken, go to www.njtransit.org to see fares and timetables. The one way fare was $12 each way using a departure time of 9:00 am from Hamilton station as an example. You might want to skip the Hudson-Bergen Light Rail and spluge on a taxi from Hoboken to Bayonne with all of the $$ saved. :) I understand that Princeton Junction parking lot fills up with commuters during the week, not sure about Hamilton or Metropark. Good luck!

I thought about the lightrail and train options too, but didn't consider that much of an option given my recent experiece of sailing out of Bayonne (in December '08) and the amount of luggage needed for a 13 nite cruise.

Using the numbers provided by dahammer above:

Train: $48 (2 roundtrip tix at 12/ow each)

Parking: $65 (approximately)

LightRail: $7 RT

Taxi (Lightrail to Pier): $20 RT

Hotel Room: $80

Total Cost: $220 + aggrevation

While the above would be an inconvenience if just traveling empty handed, i don't think it's worthwhile with 13 days worth of luggage. It's not a good way to start a vacation... and an even worse way to end it :)

I'd either pay the extra $80 to get a feel for the Jersey City area and add an extra day to your vacation OR just wait and give the Jersey City optino a first time try on a long weekend.

My .02

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

We even thought about taking a train all the way from South Jersey.

But with maybe 3 suitcases plus 2 carry-ons that might be a little much. I'm sure it's doable but not pleasant.

I did not factor a hotel stay for my "trip" :) and I wanted to splurge on a taxi from Hoboken to Bayonne.

Train: $48 (2 roundtrip tix at 12/ow each)

Parking: $65 (approximately)

Taxi (Lightrail to Pier): $60 RT (estimated?)

Total Cost: $173 + aggravation

• 10 months later...

This message may be too late for you since you're probably back from your cruise already. I hear that the Country Inns Elizabeth on Glimcher Realty Way is a great option for cruisers. Available on HOTWIRE and PRICELINE. They offer a Stay and cruise option. Booked directly it's about $120 for one night and $35 per week to park. And there's free RT shuttle service to the port or airport.

That certainly less than parking at the Port. Will likely try them out this spring for our cruise out of Bayonne.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]