Sign in to follow this  
Mica

Priceline Hotel: Resort vs. 5 star

By Mica,
in

Hi,

I am trying to figure out whether to bid for a resort or 5 star in the phoenix area. Is there any way to know if a 5* is better than a resort?

I am looking at the phoenix area for sept 11-13th. Also, for the carefree area, the suggested bid on a 5* is only $86. Can this be right?

Thanks!!

Mica

Technically 5* is rated higher than a Resort, but that doesn't mean you'll necessarily enjoy the 5* more. Ratings are subjective and there are a few 4* hotels on the board that users hate to receive and some 3* hotels that they love to receive.

That $86 is not a suggested bid price but a 'median price' for hotels in the area, but regardless of what it is, it should be ignored.

EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
5% OFF PRICELINE COUPON
(click here) and use promo code: BBSEP20
(Express Deals or PrePaid Hotels / 3+ stars / 2+ nites... expires 09/30/2020)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Want to know if Rates Drop?? Get alerts at RateDrop.com

The 5* Carefree hotel is The Boulders, a really nice hotel. The cheapest it EVER seems to get is ~$139 right in the dead middle of the summer heat. You will be happy with it, but I think the lowest I've seen in go for on PL is ~$100. I live in Phoenix and I'd probably bid on it if I could get it for under $85 or so. One other thing, I recall reading (either here or on TOBB) that the Boulders has a HIGH resort fee. Something like $27 or something, and it is NOT INCLUDED in your PL bid, it is extra. Just beware and maybe do a search to make sure I'm correct.

If the fee would be a 'deal-breaker' for you i would suggest calling the hotel directly to find out their current policy as these fees can, and do, often change.

5% OFF PRICELINE COUPON
(click here) and use promo code: BBSEP20

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Want to know if Rates Drop?? Get alerts at RateDrop.com

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

5% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: BBSEP20

QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]