Priceline Hotel: 4* San Francisco (USW-Nob Hill) Hilton OFarrell

smokey
By smokey,
in

I am new to Priceline and this community so please forgive me if I don't post this correctly. Please feel free to let me know how I can contribute and improve my postings.

I was planning a fun trip to SF for this upcoming weekend. I was shocked at the hotel prices when I started booking my trip. I found a great refundable deal at the Sorrano for $119.00 King for 3/8 to 3/11. However, the charge was $330 on 3/7. I booked a corporate rate at the Westin Airport for $125 for 3/7 since I don't get into the city until 12:15 AM. I still was not happy about having to change hotels and started to think about PRICELINE or HOTWIRE. I found this site and gave it shot and glad I did!

Using the advise I learned from this site I made the following bids:

1. $70 for a 4 star in USE area and my bid was rejected

2. $72 for a 4 star hotel in USW and SOMA area's and my bid was rejected

3. $74 for a 3.5 or 4 star hotel in USW ,USE and soma area and my bid was accepted for the Hilton (USW Nob Hill) located on Ofarrell street.

Taxes and Service Fee's $55.41

Total $ 351.41

I probably would have opted for the Sorrano at $119 if they could have given me a fair rate for 3/7, but given the fact SF is having a big medical convention this was not going to happen. I am thrilled with the Hilton given the rates. I plan on using priceline again in the future.

Thanks

Welcome to BetterBidding and congratulations on scoring a great Priceline deal.

Can you look at your confirmation and determine if this hotel is rated 4 stars as opposed to 3.5 that you've reported? A Priceline vacation package search (air + hotel) of your travel dates indicates the Hilton is still rated 4 stars (as it has been for a long time). Please confirm the star rating if you can. Thanks for posting your results!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]