Priceline Hotel: Midtown Minneapolis?

coffeelaker
By coffeelaker,
in

was perusing for a possible purchase when i noticed a new area for minneapolis - Midtown. The map shows its an area from 19th st E (south of 94), runs east and west of 35W, but north of 33rd st E. I had no idea there were any hotels in that area. The area would inclued Abbot Northwestern Hospital. Does anybody else know what is around there?

Based on the Priceline map, the 3 star has almost got to be the Sheraton Midtown. It's not in the best part of town (though not the worst, either) - but it is right next to the Global Exchange, a sort of global marketplace with eateries staffed by immigrants from just about every country on the planet. It also offers good proximity to downtown for those with a car, so it might be a cheap alternative on those rare days when downtown is booked up due to conventiongoers.

If there's another hotel in Midtown zone that could possibly compete for the 3-star rating, I'm not aware of it.

I agree with minnmedia - the Sheridan Midtown is probably the only 3*. If you *need* to be in that area for some reason, it might be ok, but if you don't need to be there I would stay in a different part of town. If you need to be by Abbott Northwestern you would be about 3 blocks away.

If there's another hotel in Midtown zone that could possibly compete for the 3-star rating, I'm not aware of it.

Other than the Sheraton I can't think of another hotel with ANY rating inside the Midtown zone's boundaries.

Priceline offers 3*, 2.5*, and 2* bidding in the Midtown zone though. This seems to be another instance of Priceline allowing bidding for options it doesn't really have.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]