San Fran (SFO) to Maui (OGG)

dealdog
By dealdog,
in

Booked flights on PRICELINE - took multiple tries. Started at 140 per ticket + taxes and was offered a ticket for 338 if I would increase my bid. I declined and chose to continue to bid and changed options like airport/ fly in non - jet / take red eye. Ultimately bid 250 per ticket + taxes and won it for 305 / ticket.

United SFO to OGG 4/25 direct then coming back again on United OGG to LAX w/ about 1 1/2 hr lay over then to SFO.

Thank you for sharing your winning airfare bid with the board.

Not sure when you booked this, but currently this route is nearly $600/tix so a very nice deal... which can often be tough to come by with airfare lately.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Booked flights on PRICELINE - took multiple tries. Started at 140 per ticket + taxes and was offered a ticket for 338 if I would increase my bid. I declined and chose to continue to bid and changed options like airport/ fly in non - jet / take red eye. Ultimately bid 250 per ticket + taxes and won it for 305 / ticket.

United SFO to OGG 4/25 direct then coming back again on United OGG to LAX w/ about 1 1/2 hr lay over then to SFO.

It's a very little known fact, but you can bid for air fare unlimited numbers of times by entering a different origin and/or destination city. The 'trick' is to start each bid over from scratch.

Example:

Bid 1 SFO to OGG - bid of $140 rejected. Go back to the Priceline home page and start over with a new bid.

Bid 2 Burlingame to OGG - select SFO as your departure airport. Bid of $170 rejected.

Bid 3 San Mateo to OGG - select SFO as your departure airport. Bid of $190 rejected.

Bid 4 Livermore to OGG - select SFO as your departure airport. Bid of $250 accepted.

Priceline considers bids 2, 3 and 4 as NEW bids because you're entering a different origin city every time, even though you're selecting SFO as your departure airport on each occasion. In other words, your origin city does NOT have to a city with an airport, but any city/town in the area surrounding the airport you're flying from. This feature eliminates the need to select red-eye, 2-stops, non-jet, etc if you'd really prefer not to add those components to your bid. Having unlimited bidding opportunties allows you to increase your bid by $1 at a time until you finally "hit" Priceline's rate. Do you recall your last bid price before you successfully bid $250? For example, if you bid $225 and were rejected, and your next bid of $250 was accepted, you could actually have made 24 more bids by using the above example, increasing at $1 per bid, possibly "hitting" at some price point between $226 and $250.

Congratulations on a great price compared to the going retail rate as Thereuare mentioned.

• 2 months later...

Help please. I have been bidding on Priceline for weeks now to no avail. I am trying to fly 5/23 or 5/24 from SFO<SJC>OAK< orSMF to Maui. Returning 6/2

or 6//3. They never quote flights any lower than what I can get directly with the airlines HIGH. I feel I have been trying every trick in the book but no luck. So my question is do you think there is a chance that I can actually get a decent fare this close to my dates? Do you know of anyone that has gotten a great airfare this close to wanting to fly? The quotes I have been getting are terrible $557. and up. Needless to say if I could leave just 5 days later its just 340. round trip. But that would mean loseing half my week at my resort. Let me know asap. Thank you so much. BDBC

If you use this Priceline Airfare link, then click the "BID" button, you can then just type the city in the text box/form on the page. So for instance if you bid SFO to OGG and are rejected, you can then bid again by entering a 'differents' starting city, such as Burlingame to OGG. (or any other city near SFO... but just make sure on the next page you select only SFO if other locations are offered)

Hope that makes sense.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]