Hotwire Hotel: Pls help 3.5-star hotel in Berkeley - Emeryville

answerer
By answerer,
in

Amenities: Fitness Center, Pool, Restaurant, Business Center, Laundry, High-speed Internet, Golf Nearby, Tennis Nearby

Ideas? Maybe the Four Points Emeryville?

EDIT: I just found out how to look at the vacation section. I'm guessing it's the Doubletree Hotel & Executive Meeting Center-Berkeley Marina

$69/night for 3/28-4/1. Maybe I should try for Priceline Fisherman's Wharf instead?

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Without knowing your plans, the purpose, of what you intend to do on this trip, hard for anyone to advise which would be better for your needs.

There are many board members who are either local to, or have a lot of experience in, this area... if you provide the purpose of this trip somebody may be able to assist you better.

Once you decide upon a zone let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Will you be in the area for a tourist trip or some other occasion/event? Reason I ask is by your comment about Fisherman's Wharf in San Francisco. If your plans require you to be in the East Bay, then so be it. However, if this is a tourist trip/vacation, I would recommend SF over the Doubletree in the Berkeley marina area. Although it's a nice setting there on the Bay, there isn't all that much available from a tourist standpoint, especially compared to San Francisco.

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread.

USE and USW are not re-bid zones when bidding 4* in San Francisco (because they each contain hotels at the 3.5* level or higher).

Please start by reading Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and confirm your re-bid zones with the board... we'll then suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

One of the mods will merge this with your other SF thread, answerer.

Are you excluding the SOMA/Moscone zone on purpose? All the SOMA/Moscone hotels are near BART too. One of the hotels in USW zone (Mark Hopkins) is about 6-8 blocks from BART. That's the farthest you could be from BART at any hotel in the downtown zones.

Let us know if you want SOMA zone and someone will suggest a strategy.

After some thought I think it'd be better to stay downtown, so I'm looking for a 3.5* or 4* around $80. Near a BART station so I'm guessing USE/USW/Embarcadero?

When bidding for a 4* in SF you have four free rebid zones. Those are zones that only have hotels less than 4*. If you need help determining your rebid zones please ask.

I suggest you select all acceptable downtown zones and bid $60 for a 4*. It's up to you whether to include SOMA-Moscone zone or just bid the other three.

Then add $5 per free rebid up to $80. If that doesn't work someone will give a strategy for 3.5*.

Please use this PRICELINE link when you bid, or ask if you have other questions first.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]