Reference Number

snidders
By snidders,
in

I noticed today that if you click and scroll across just above the price of the hotel that there is a reference number that will appear. It must be in white writing, but if you select the text, it will appear. Does anyone know if these reference numbers are for the individual bookings or if there is a chance that the number could represent the specific hotel. If this would be the case, the hotels could be potentially pinned with 100% accuracy after a purchase. I'm not sure if anyone has noticed this before or not and if they have, what would the answer be to my question.

The numbers are relative to your search and not hotel specific.

If you've made any PRICELINE or HOTWIRE purchases in the last two years it would be appreciated if you shared your wins with the board :)

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 weeks later...

I am new to the forum, so please feel free to rag on me if this has been discussed. I couldn't find the search function.

In Hotwire, when you click the "Amenities" link, you get sent to a URL, with an identifier number in it. That last set of numbers must be an identifier for the hotel. I don't know if it changes or anything. If it doesn't, that number could be a better way to identify the hotel.

If you can't see the number, it displays in IE7, I don't know about other browsers. Anyways, maybe this'll be a better way to identify the hotels.

That last set of numbers must be an identifier for the hotel.

It must be... but it's not :)

That number is unique to your search and not the hotel being offered.

I've merged your post with an existing thread on the same/similar subject.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]