Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Seattle (Lynnwood-Edmonds) Courtyard Marriott

mikkirm
By mikkirm,
in

Thanks, Thereuare. As an Alaskan, Seattle is the "shopping suburb to the south" for me. :) I've been going once a year for about the past ten years or so. :)

However, I am looking for ideas for something "different" to do. I've done all the normal Seattle stuff (Space Needle, Pike Street Market, zoo, yadda-yadda). I do plan to spend a day north in Vancouver BC, and will try to hit the SF museum at the Seattle Center, but am open to suggestions, especially for meals -- I'm looking for good Chinese and Thai, specifically. And for a good, varied used book store.

Michelle

I'm no Seattle expert, but here are some suggestions:

Book Store - there is a well known one in Pioneer Square so i'm probably not telling you anything new

Food (something i know more than a little about):

Asian Fusion - how i hate this label as it's so 'nuveau' and trendy, but we enjoyed a recent meal at Wild Ginger. Nice atmosphere and very good service, food was extremely good.

Thai - trip prior to this one we ate at Racha Noodle which i recall as being very good. It's not a destination food place but if in the area i would have no problems returning and feel it is a 'solid' choice. Use this one as a 'lead' to find some current info as my prior visit was 2 years ago.

Brasa - a must do for their half price bar menu in the lounge from 5pm-7pm (with a drink purchase). I had a steak sandwich and it was outstanding... beer prices were extremely reasonable and the food was top quality. You can view their website (and menu, including the bar menu) at Brasa.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the Brasa recommendation. The bar menu looks pretty good. I don't drink alcohol, but they have some good non-alcoholic choices as well. Looks like it may be a good stop after a hard day of shopping. :)

I know the book store you are talking about (Elliot Bay), and plan on hitting it as well. However, I'm also looking for a large, strictly used book store. There used to be a big one right downtown, but they stopped doing business years ago (I can't remember the name, now).

Michelle

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]