Hotwire Hotel: 2.5* Boston (Medford - Somerville) Tage Inn

lwitchel
By lwitchel,
in

This is a first for me; the first time Hotwire ever beat out Priceline! I have been going up to $70 on Priceline in various zones (Central Boston, Cambridge and also Brookline and Somerville) - no dice. Hotwire had been coming up with a 2.5* in Medford for $74 - it went down to $69 tonight. I tried one last round of bidding on Priceline up to $65 (Subtracting fees, Priceline would have cost more between $67 and $68) and bought it on Hotwire.

I'm glad to get it, I'd rather be a bit closer in, but it's through the roof that weekend, and people seem to really like this place.

Thanks for the fresh report and a reminder that on occaision Hotwire can beat Priceline... it never hurts to check.

Just to confirm, amenities listed as: Restaurant, Fitness, Complimentary Breakfast, Business, Laundry, Spa

Please do leave us a review upon your return... it's rare to see a consensus of such RAVE REVIEWS

If you agree with the linked reviews above maybe this would be a hotel worth paying a few dollars extra for even when Priceline has slightly less expensive offerings. Another review i just read indicates that they have a shuttle to the T stop (in case you didn't know), although it also said that the schedule wasn't really followed and you may need to call the hotel for a pick-up.

Thanks again!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yes - those are the listed amenities.

It doesn't hurt to check at all. I had both Priceline and Hotwire running at the same time to see what Priceline could come up with. One false move and I might have ended up buying a room on both!

I'll be sure to do a review. Those raves are what made me focus on trying the Medford Somerville zone. I went to college in Boston (Waltham, actually), back in the Paleozoic era. We used to call it Slumerville.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]