Hotwire Hotel: 4.5* Chicago (Mag Mile-Streeterville) InterContinental

Jenga
By Jenga,
in

:) I should have looked at the recent posts before booking. When I checked the 4.5 * hotels on the list for this neighborhood, I only saw the Conrad and the James, either of which would have been wonderful.

I didn't even see the Inter-Continental listed, since it was down the page a bit in the 4-star listings. I have to say. I'm disappointed with the win. If I had realized the Inter-Continental was a possibility, I wouldn't have bid -- we could have gotten the Blackstone for the same price on Travel Zoo, or one of the cheaper but actually better value 3.5 * options on Hotwire. I just think the Inter-Con is over-rated and not among my favorite hotels in the city.

Here are the amenities. I used this site's HOTWIRE link to book.

4.5* Hotel

Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

High-Speed Internet

Best Value

(No Trip Advisor info listed)

Very strange - the Intercontinental was downgraded recently and only a couple of days ago, a user was sent a refund because the hotel was downgraded to 4* after they'd purchased it when it was 4.5* .... now it's 4.5 again all of the sudden. I do like the Intercontinental, but I'm very sorry that you are disappointed with the results. :)

Thanks, AaronJB. It's my own fault for not reading the threads here first.

Oh well, it's not like it's an awful hotel -- I don't want to scare off anyone else who might win this one! It's just that being familiar with the city's hotels, I wouldn't personally give this the Ultimate Rating of 4.5*

Maybe it will be a pleasant surprise . . .

Sorry to hear you didn't receive the hotel you were hoping for.

I did comment just a few hours earlier in this Hotwire Chicago thread that i thought this hotel may have been upgraded to the 4.5* level after their very recent downgrade.

At least the price is still pretty good for downtown chicago and the reviews are pretty good too!

Thank you for sharing your results with the board and using our HOTWIRE link to begin your purchase.

Enjoy your stay... hope it goes better than you expect.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]