Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Orlando (Universal Studios-SeaWorld) Wyndham I-Drive

trentslori
By trentslori,
in

Uh oh, I might've screwed up with this "win". The reviews of this place are HORRIBLE. It doesn't sound like it should be considered 3 1/2 stars!!!

Anyway, I started with the PRICELINE link from this board, as I always do. Was bidding in the Disney area and Universal. Previous bid was $45. Looks like I should've left the Universal area out of the equation, and stayed with the Disney area. Oh well, at least it's only one night, and maybe it won't be as horrible as the reviews say.

Wyndham Orlando International Drive

8001 International Drive

Orlando, Fl 32819

$49 + $13.82 in taxes and fees.

$62.82

:)

I think that's good - while PRICELINE may or may not do anything (hopefully they will), it's good to be proactive and if you do see something like the hotel's own website saying the property is 3*, that is something to certainly bring up. You can also use the tripadvisor reviews, although while some of those are quite negative, some are a little more mixed as hotels seem to go these days.

Let us know how it goes with PL. Good luck. :)

Don't be upset just yet. We are fairly picky, and I still feel this place is a good value, esp. if you have kids. I would ask for a room near the rear of the property (close to Universal Blvd., not I-Drive). Those rooms (at least the ones on ground level) have sliding doors you can open for air. The reasons why we liked this property in the past: large, parklike setting with lagoons and resident mallard ducks and large pool/hottub area with reasonable drink prices; in fact, the grounds remind me a lot of Disney's Polynesian Resort. They also had a nice workout area; good location (right in the middle of I-Drive and about a block from I-4; Sand Lake Rd. also borders the property and is a major artery); fairly secure at night-- they gate the back entrances. Keep in mind that many of the other highly-rated Priceline hotels in this area also have issues, mostly due to age. That's why they're half the price of the others. I don't mind an older hotel that is well kept up, and I feel that Wyndham is on top of things. Don't worry... just go and don't be afraid to politely request another room if that one doesn't suit you. Hope everything works out for you!

Yes, it does help, and makes me feel better. Thank you very much! My biggest concern is whether the rooms are okay. Reviews talked about blood, and bugs, and all kinds of nasty sounding stuff. We won't have kids with us, but again it's only one night, so as long as it's clean, bug-free, and safe, that's okay with me. Hopefully Priceline has info they've gathered from the surveys that go out after people stay.

I can't imagine anyone booking this hotel full-price, though, after seeing the reviews!

Just an update that I've already heard back from Priceline. They researched it and based on all their info, they feel confident in the 3 1/2* rating. They've done me pretty darn great in the past, so I'm going to go with an open mind and a positive attitude. I'm very pleased in the timely manner and professional way they have back to me. Thanks to everyone here too! I love Better Bidding and PRICELINE!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]