San Francisco, CA - Tue, Mar 3 to Wed, Mar 11 -1 room, 8 nights, 2 adults

3.5-star hotel in Union Square East

With fell owing:

Complimentary breakfast

Business center

Laundry facilities

Kitchenette

Traveler rating

4.5 out of 5 Based on 760+ customer reviews (Last reviewed February 2009)

What is Trip Advisor?

This fit for Orchard hotel

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g6...California.html

But the web site of the hotel doesn't show laundry or kitchenette!

Could this misleading? What it could the hotel above?

Thanks in advance :) :) :o

Welcome to BetterBidding!

I see that the Tripadvisor info matches this property, but have you seen if this property even offers a complimentary breakfast, which is also an icon shown above?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

This is a puzzling one.

The TripAdvisor stats (4.5/5, 760+) are a match for the Orchard Hotel (655 Bush Street) but I don't find any mention of continental breakfast OR kitchenetttes on the Orchard Hotel's website.

There's a different hotel called the Orchard Garden Hotel, also on Bush Streeet (466 Bush Street), and I thought Hotwire might have confused the two, assigning the Orchard Hotel's TripAdvisor stats to the Orchard Garden Hotel. But Orchard Garden doesn't appear to have kitchenettes or continental breakfast either. And even though both hotels are on Bush Street the Orchard Garden Hotel is in Nob Hill zone, not USE. (The north side of Bush Street is Nob Hill; the south side is USE.)

So I'm totally confused.

If you're interested in this I'd just purchase 1 or 2 nights first to see what you're getting. Not all 8 nights at once. The price is $129 though and it's very possible you could win a 4* for less than that.

If you do choose to split the purchase as suggested above, i'd also search HOTWIRE first for each set of dates, making sure that this property is offered for both legs. This way if you are happy with the results, you will likely have the option to purchase the balance, and not be forced to change properties.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Confusing is an understatement. Orchard & Orchard Garden are sister properties, according to the home page on each hotel's website. The Orchard has been around for a few years, while the Orchard Garden is fairly new. By that fact alone, I would tend to lean toward the Orchard because I wouldn't think the Garden wouldn't have 760 TripAdvisor reviews being as new as it is. I remember the Orchard used to serve a complimentary continental breakfast, however as Colfax stated, none of this is mentioned on either hotel's website. It might be worth a call to each hotel to confirm/deny complimentary breakfast.

I called the Orchard Hotel and they don't have rooms with kitchenettes or free continental breakfast. But the TripAdvisor stats don't match any hotel but the Orchard.

:)

My best guess is this is the Orchard Hotel and somehow a couple wrong icons got added to the hotel's profile?

On a side note, I've never understood how small hotels like the Orchard get 760+ reviews, while enormous convention hotels lilke Hilton SF and Hyatt Rgency only have 200-300 reviews. Hilton and Hyatt probably see 10, 20, 30 times the volume of visitors as a hotel like Orchard, but they don't get the volume of reviews.

The Chancellor Hotel in SF is another example; it only has 137 rooms but 947 TripAdvisor reviews. The Hilton SF has 1,896 rooms but only 357 reviews.

Free drink vouchers in exchange for a TripAdvisor review?

hi BEAV,

I think you did stay at intercontinental mark hopkins , Do you recomend me to stay at this hotel ?

Sorry, BABYSKIN, I didn't see your question until now.

Yes, we spent one night at the Mark Hopkins about a month ago. Since we were only there briefly, I can't offer too much about the hotel other than we had no negative issues with our room. It was very nicely furnished with Asian-style decor, large draperies, etc. The bathroom was very nice as well. This is a full-service hotel, meaning everything is a la carte, such as Internet, parking, etc. They do serve a very extensive breakfast buffet on the top floor (Top o' the Mark), albeit pricey at $28. Although we didn't try room service, the menu was very extensive (and pricey) as well. For the right price, I would purchase this hotel again on HOTWIRE.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]