Priceline Hotel: Newbie: Vancouver Marriott Pinnacle

RedinLasVegas
By RedinLasVegas,
in

Hello,

I am new here; as of today.

I will read and do more research. I need to find out if there is a way for me to get this hotel in particular.

I've seen threads on how to get others; but I am interested in this one as a first preference.

I'm wondering exactly what steps you would recommend I take to achieve this. My stay is 2/28 - 3/14, and I would like to be in West End near Stanly Park.

Thanks for any help.

I will definitely use links provided and follow up with my results.

Thank you for a detailed answer, (until I learn the ropes...)

Warmly

Red in Las Vegas

There is no way of targeting a particular hotel on PRICELINE. You can select an area and minimum star level, but Priceline can put you in any hotel that fits your criteria. In this case, you could end up in any hotel in downtown Vancouver.

HOTWIRE might be better for your purposes, as some of the hotels can be identified from the information in the listing. Hotwire currently has a 3* hotel in Downtown Vancouver West with the following amenities: Smoke Free Rooms, Fitness, Pool, Restaurant, Business, Laundry, High-speed Internet, Tennis. This hotel is a match for the Coast Plaza Hotel, which is one of the closest hotels to Stanley Park. It could probably use a renovation, but at $44/night (at least for now), you'd be hard pressed to find a better deal in this area of downtown Vancouver.

If you're looking for something a little more upscale, but still reasonably close to Stanley Park, EasyClickTravel is selling rooms at the Renaissance for $67/night. This hotel was recently renovated and is across the street from the Marriott Pinnacle. EasyClickTravel also has rooms at the Marriott Pinnacle for $92/night, but I don't think it's worth paying an extra $25/night over the Renaissance (and not enough of a discount over Marriott.com's rate of Cdn$159).

If you decide to book one of these hotels, please begin your purchase through the links on the Support/Travel Links page.

Thanks for checking...

EasyClickTravel closed their referal program a few months ago and we haven't gotten around to removing the link yet... will try to remember to get to it, have a few others to remove, as well as a handful to add.

Thanks for checking the support page :)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you again for replying.

I see now what I was doing wrong. I was immediately narrowing search by clicking on boxes for 4* and West End. When I did that, only one hotel came up.

Your post encouraged me to try again. My result is:

7 nights, $551.12. , average $67. a night.

I am very happy!

I am waiting, (still) to hear more from my company before booking the remainder of the trip; (8 more days)

Thank you very much!

Warmly

Red in Las Vegas

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]