Priceline Hotel: 3* Miami Downtown Hyatt $27 5/31/03-6/1/03

pcann
By pcann,
in

I'm new, We need a shuttle hotel & breakfast would be nice. I saw a 2* in the Ft Lauder Airport Area. Any hints as to what hotel it might be. We currently saw a holiday inn express for 79.00/nite and would like to try something less - advice? :) :)

We were all new at one point... welcome to BetterBidding!

From your title i assume you're flying into FLL and your ship leaves from Miami Pier?

Is there a reason why you want to stay in the Ft. Lauderdale area rather than closer to the ship by staying in Miami? (the choice is yours, i don't know if you're flight gets in very late, you have people to see in the area, etc, etc) Without any of these other circumstances, i personally prefer to stay closer to the ship, but if i'm getting in very late i would just stay in Ft. Lauderdale. Either way, we can help.

However, i don't think you'll find any hotel that is going to shuttle you from FLL to Maimi.

I'll give more detailed instructions once you clarify if you indeed want to stay in the Ft. Lauderdale area or the Miami area.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The Miami Hyatt Regency goes for $27 and with the savings, you could have lobster for breakfast. You will have to check on the shuttle bus though.

To sum up Priceline though, you will find that it the real deal is in being able to get 3* and 4*'s for such low prices that often, we don't see many 2*/1*'s even come up.

Our flight does not get into Ft Lauderdale until 9:30pm soo we thought a place near the airport would be our best bet. Our TA has suggested we shuttle from airport to hotel and shuttle back to airport in A.M. Sunday to take the cruise shuttle from Ft Lauderale airport to Miami Port. It sounded logical to us but feel free to offer other suggestions. For this reason the shuttle service is important.

I'm sure that's how some would do it, but not how i would plan my itinerary (but like i said, others would do it differently than i). Arriving at 9:30pm wouldn't be late enough to get me to stay in Ft. Lauderdale. IMO, it'll be a hassle to bring all my luggage to the hotel shuttle, then carry it all back the next day, then get the cruise line shuttle. I would prefer to arrive in Ft. Lauderdale and head immediately to Miami, this way i can get a fresh start the next day and relax a little bit more in the morning. There are private shuttle companies that can take you from FLL to MIA (and probably take you directly from FLL to a hotel in downtown Miami for about $25/pp (try www.floridalimo.com to see if they'll take you to a downtown hotel in Miami and cost involved, i think a taxi costs anywhere from $55-$65). All of this is also dependent if you can get a refund on the cruise line shuttle, and if you're comfortable doing some planning on your own (ie- hotel, transportation from FLL to Miami).

With Priceline you can't determine amenities beforehand, but Hotwire will tell you the amenities, so Hotwire may be the better option for you if you require a shuttle.

Without going into to much research until you decide which option you want to go with, i would guess that staying in Miami would cost you between $27-$40, while staying in Ft. Lauderdale will cost between $45-$55 (prices do not include taxes or each service's booking fee).

Let me know if you still want to look in the Ft. Lauderdale area or want to switch to Miami, and i'll offer a bidding strategy.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the needed help. We have decided to go onto Miami from our Ft Lauderdale flight arrival time at 9:30pm. I did contacto the Limo people and they said no reservations are needed - they will be at the airport. How will I know what time to pick us up from the port of Miami when we return from the cruise? We do wish to stay at a hotel close to the Miami port which maybe included a cont. breakfast. It would be great to have your continuing help in doing this. Thank U :)

You should ask the limo company about how to have them come pick you up. I've never used them, but have heard good things about them. Once you are successful with a hotel, i would inquire if there is a car/shuttle that could drop you off directly at the the hotel instead of the MIA airport (a cab from airport to hotel is ~$20, from hotel to pier is ~$8). If they can drop you at the hotel, it'll save you some money, and may be worth it even if they put people on the shuttle/car that are in other nearby hotels and you have to stop there first.

Assuming you've covered all the bases and are ready to bid for the Miami area, this is how i would proceed:

Miami Downtown 3*

bid $27, if rejected

add re-bid zone and bid $34, if rejected

add re-bid zone and bid $40

If you're not sure about rebidding, read this: Re-bidding Explained Feel free to ask any questions you still have before you bid.

FYI, none of the known hotels in this area offer free breakfast, but at these rates you can probably afford to buy your own :)

Let me know how things go or if you have any further questions.

I'm also sending you an email that you should read before bidding.

I wish to thank you very much for your help. I was successful on my first bid of $27.00 at the Hyatt Regency Miami. Your help was great - I didn't need to re-bid. I guess from the hotel we can take a taxi to the port the next day for the boat. I think we will take the Lincoln Town car service from Ft Lauderdale to the Miami Hyatt. Our original hotel in Ft lauderdale was $79.00/nite - WHAT A SAVINGS!! It is a much better place too. Thanks again I will use your advice alot more.

With such SUPER guidance from ThereUAre, TheSqueeGeeKid & others one can only expect great results! These folks will help all users save gobs of $$$$!

I can't begin to tell you how much money they have saved me on hotel rooms in the short time this great website has been up.

BOTTOMLINE--They are true Gurus of Priceline bidding!! :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]