Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* Chicago (Loop)

Jenga
By Jenga,
in

Sorry, I typed the wrong date range in the header. Should be 4/4/09-4/5/09. :)

I'm looking for a place to stay with my mom and this keeps popping up on HOTWIRE. I can't match it from the list, due to the lack of a restaurant. Checking non-opaque prices at other properties, I was wondering if this looks like the Marriot Downtown-?

4/5/09-4/6/09

3.5 *

$113

Fitness

Business Center

High-speed Internet

No Trip Advisor info.

Any thoughts appreciated. Thanks!

This property has not yet been identified.

Given the proximity in price to the higher rated hotels i would likely go with one of the 4* properties in the NMA or MagMile zones which have been identified.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks, thereyouare. I'm only seeing one non-airport 4* when I do this search. It's an NMA/Gold Coast w/amenities: Boutique, Fitness, Restaurant, Business Center, High-Speed Internet, Golf for $169. (Trip Advisor 4.5 out of 5.0 based on 140+ reviews.) The price is a bit high for us -- but I'll see if changing the number of guests brings up more options.

Much appreciated as always :)

• 1 month later...

We're still on the fence about this trip, depending on how we do with lodging. Any thoughts on this -- the Boutique icon is throwing me:

4/4-4/6/09

3.5* Magnificent Mile Streeterville

$81/night

Boutique

Smoke-free

Fitness

Restaurant

Business Center

High-speed internet

Best Value

No Trip Advisor info

Any insight greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I just posted in another thread regarding the same Boutique property above:

This property has not yet been reported to the board. These amenities do match those previously reported to be asociated with the Hotel Sax, but that property was last reported at the 4 star level. The last time this property was reported to the board thru HOTWIRE was at the beginning of February, so it is possible that it has been downgraded since previously reported, although there is no evidence of a downgrade taking place so this would be speculation.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]