Priceline Hotel: 4* Vancouver (Downtown) Delta Vancouver Suites

cwl6750084
By cwl6750084,
in

I am new to Priceline and would appreciate any advices. Currently looking for 2 nights in Vancouver (20-21 Mar and 2-3 Apr), with the Mar. one in airport or downtown, and the Apr. one in airport. I prefer something like 3 or 3.5 star (as long as I do not get Comfort Inn Airport) or above. I wonder if USD 85 per night (obviously the cheaper I could get the better) a good starting point to bid. If anyone would suggest a bidding strategy, I greatly appreciate.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

At the moment the Comfort inn Airport is rated 2 stars, but you can click the following link to see the current PRICELINE rate for this property Comfort Inn Vancouver Airport (no guarnatee it'll be rated the same thru the "Name Your Own Price" side of their service but it is very likely)

Please only post one stay per thread... we'll use this thread for your 3/20-3/21 stay, feel free to start a NEW TOPIC for your subsequent (post cruise??) stay.

For 3/20-3/21... are you willing to pay more for a 3.5* vs. a 3* OR is your goal the least expensive 3* or better?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks thereuare for responding. I assumed Hotwire and Priceline have the same hotel ratings -- bought a 3 star hotel at the airport on Hotwire last summer and ended up with Comfort Inn with totally inacceptable service.

My absolute maximum budget per night is USD 85 - 90, I prefer 3.5 star hotels or up. However, since hotels in Vancouver are more expensive than Toronto (seems to me as so), I would take 3 star hotels if necessary. For the 20-21 Mar stay, I would rather stay close to the airport, although anything in downtown core will also works. (Is it safe to assume all 3 star hotel around airport will provide complementary shuttle?) I am on my way flying home, and Air Canada does not provide hotel accomodation for overnight connections. I do not have much luggage on my way home, a downtown hotel will work as long as it is close to bus routes.

Any advice will be appreciated. Can I post two stay simultaneously or I have to do so one-by-one? Thanks.

I assumed Hotwire and Priceline have the same hotel ratings
This would be incorrect... each service has their own criteria for rating hotels. While many hotels may have the same star rating, there are many which do not. Generally the concesus is that when the star ratings are different, HOTWIRE tends to be a little more 'generous' and is likely to have the higher star rating for the same hotel (vs. PRICELINE)
For the 20-21 Mar stay, I would rather stay close to the airport, although anything in downtown core will also works. (Is it safe to assume all 3 star hotel around airport will provide complementary shuttle?)... a downtown hotel will work as long as it is close to bus routes.
No, you can't assume that all hotels will have a shuttle. I assume that most will, but you could receive any hotel in the zone at the minimum star level you select... having a complimentary shuttle is not a criteria to be awarded the 3 star designation. This is either a risk that you'll need to accept OR you can use HOTWIRE, look for a hotel with a shuttle icon, try to identify it to make sure that the service is complimentary as well as available for when your plan lands. (it sounds as if you may be landing late at nite) As well, your hotel can be anywhere within the shaded boundaries of the zone, so there is not guarantee that if you choose Downtown the hotel you receive will be along a bus route. (admittedly i'm not familiar with mass transit in Vancouer so i dont' know how extensive it is or how frequently (and late at nite) it runs).

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the information, especially on the hotel ratings between the two websites.

I intend giving Priceline a try as the hotels listed on Hotwire seem to be on the much higher end (than what I usually paid for trips in the past). (The bus system in Vancouver and Richmond are both excellent. Any hotel in downtown core will be close to a bus line, that say as long as I do not get a hotel on Granville Island or City Hall area. I can work through it on city buses, especially I do not have much luggage on my way home, in the case if an airport hotel does not provide shuttle.)

Please advice a strategy (and starting price) for bidding.

To confirm...

For this leg of your stay you want to try first for a 3.5* hotel, up to your bidding limit of $90, in either the Airport or Downtown zone (no preference, which ever is cheaper)... and if that fails then try for a 3* with the same parametes?

Please confirm that we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

The max. bid amount would be USD 75.00.

I saw the following on hotwire.com: 4-star hotel in Downtown Vancouver Entertainment District, with suite, fitness centre, restaurant, business centre and high speed internet access for USD 75.00. I suspect it is Delta Suite. Would you think I could get a better deal through Priceline?

Congratulations on your success!

Hope you're happy with the results and this works well for your needs.

Can you please confirm that you bought this on PRICELINE and that this property is currently 4 star rated?

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]