MCO (Orlando) -->TPA (Tampa) Minivan National

Mr Dad
By Mr Dad,
in

National Car Rental Car Type: Mini Van

(Unlimited Mileage)

Pick-Up Date: March 10, 2009 - 11:00 A.M. Drop-Off Date: March 17, 2009 - 3:00 P.M.

Pick-Up Location: ORLANDO INTL ARPT

Orlando

Orlando, FL 32827 Drop-Off Location: TAMPA

5111 W. Spruce Street

Tampa, FL 33607

your Offer Price: $23.00 (per day)

Total Rental Days: 8 days(7 days and 4 hours)

Subtotal: $184.00

Taxes and Fees: $97.92

Total Charges: $281.92

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Congratulations on your win and thank you for sharing it with the board.

Can you please add a reply to this thread with the name of the car company which accepted your bid.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks! Have a good trip.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Quick question on the one-way rentals: I'll be traveling to MCO > FLL in mid March -- already posted my winning bid strategy in the hotel forum. I have confirmed that MCO/FLL is a valid Priceline city pair. I know that some companies charge a hefty @ $100 drop fee on one-way rentals. Would Priceline explicitly note this on the fees page? Or could I get to the airport and find out that my reservation is $100 more than I thought from the Priceline confirmation?

I would think they would be obligated to list out all fees, but I know that one-way rentals are relatively new on PL and just wanted to confirm.

Thanks!

This is current at the time posted directly from PRICELINE's website:

One-way reservations are currently limited to airport locations only (for example, pick-up at Orlando International Airport and drop-off at Miami International Airport.) There may also be a "drop-off" fee charged by the rental car company. One-way rentals from off airport locations will be available soon.

I'm guessing this is just to cover themselves and i would think that the amount shown on your confirmation page (before you submit your bid) would be the total charge 'all-in'.... if it wasn't, i would think (note: my opnion) that you'd have a pretty good argument to get the transaction reversed.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks so much for responding. I, too, had noticed the "There may also..." line about the drop fee on PL, but it was vague enough that I was hoping to find someone who had actually done one-way rental and could report how their rental company had handled it.

I think I'm going to try to bid up to the point where I have a little padding between my total and the possibility of a drop charge. If I can find a better rate somewhere else than the combined cost + padding (@$50), I'll probably book elsewhere. For my PL attempts I'll be sure to use the PRICELINE links here and report back on my results.

Thanks again!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]