Hotwire Hotel: 3* DC (Reston-Sterling-Dulles Airport IAD North) aLoft Hotel

amerigo88
By amerigo88,
in

Just booked 14 nights Feb 28-March 14, 2009 at $766.53 which is $54.75 per night all taxes included. HOTWIRE put me at the Aloft Dulles North.

Amenities: Non-smoking, Fitness Center, Pool, Laundry, High-speed Internet Access.

Rates along Holiday Drive in Sterling/IAD North have gone up about 50 percent since I stayed there in September 2008 and I could not get a another $68 per night including taxes like before.

As a bonus, Aloft has a free shuttle for a 5 mile radius, so I may just be able to get to Holiday Drive each day after all. (Must go to conference center there.) I probably don't need a rental car now!

Will post again after the stay.

Note that www.kayak.com kept listing hotels along Holiday Drive for $71 per night. I would then click the link and land on Orbitz which listed "Average price per night: $71" I would then choose the radio button for the room and the price would leap to $149 per night with a message about "due to a change in the availability of rooms, the average price per night for this room is now $149" Same thing was happening also on www.cheaptickets.com I called the Orbitz toll free number and they basically told me that the prices I was NOW seeing on the Internet are correct. I call "Bait and Switch". Waste of time.

Congratulations on your success!

Hope you're happy with the outcome of your purchase... sounds like it will work well for your needs.

Thank you for sharing your results with the board and helping us add this property to the Hotwire Hotel List.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]