PHL Philadelphia Midsize Avis

PaulR
By PaulR,
in

I've been bidding on Priceline with your links on car rentals at PHL for 3/26 noon-3/30 11:30am.

According to what I've read I save a Priceline day by this.

I was just denied at $13. again for a mid size and I know this bid was accepted by a previous bidder a few days ago for different dates.

I do need a car on Thursday and I wasn't planning to return to PHL until Monday.

Am I to keep bidding higher for these dates?

Should I rent a car Thursday stay near PHL return the car Friday and try to get a lower priced Friday - Monday rate?

I may be able to return to PHL in the evening on 3/29 after meeting friends in AC for lunch that day.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Since my flight lands Thursday & returns Monday will there be a problem pickup at PHL Friday?

If I look off airport a few Enterprise's in the area are about $17/day for a rental Fri-Mon only.

Thanks for any help and suggestions

Oh current bids $13 for full, standard, mid, and compact. I know i don't fit in some of the econ models (too tall) so I'm not really considering those. I started at 9 on each.

I don't really see much of a difference in rental prices between picking up the car on Thursday or Friday... most rental car weekends start on Thursday at noon until Monday at noon. Are you seeing a substantial difference in rates between pick-up on Thursday vs. Friday?

Also, if you rent off-airport, how would you get to the rental location? (would you need to pay additional for a taxi or do you have somebody local in the area that would drive you)

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

So with not much difference between Thursday and Friday rates it doesn't appear that splitting your bid would beneficial.

I've been bidding on Priceline with your links on car rentals at PHL for 3/26 noon-3/30 11:30am.

According to what I've read I save a Priceline day by this.

Also, just to be clear as i re-read this thread... you do need to put down real times that you intend to pick-up/drop-off the car. A rental day is 24 hours so the above is a 4 day rental... just want to make sure you're not using those times because you think you will save a PRICELINE day... when in reality you intend on returning the car sometime Monday afternoon.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks. I did read 24 hr day differently but with early check in for flights I'm not going to spend a days rental for one extra hour off the airport. I will change the times to 4 full days, to spend less time in the airport the last day, and give myself some time the first day to claim baggage etc... before car pickup.

I'm still bidding so hopefully they'll accept a bid soon and I can post my final.

Thanks for the help.

The 4 days should start at the time of pick-up, so if you arrive at 11am instread of noon, it shouldn't be much of a problem (providing they have a car on the lot to give you) and your car would then be due 11am 4 days later... if you don't pick up the car until 1pm the car would then be due 1pm 4 days later.

Keep us updated.

Winning bid for PHL

Pick-Up Date: March 26, 2009 - 1:00 PM Drop-Off Date: March 30, 2009 - 1:00 PM

$16 per day Avis Mid-Size car

Total Rental Days: 4 days

Subtotal: $64.00

Taxes and Fees: $31.53

Total Charges: $95.53

Lowest Published Price: $215.96 (USD)

Total Savings:* $120.43 (USD) (You saved 56%)

Thank you for all of your help and and assistance.

I did use PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links for my shopping and purchase.

btw, i was turned down at 16 per day on full and standard size and 14 for compact in case anyone is shopping these dates.

& the hotwire hot rate for these days 22.95 per day for the same car class (today)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]