Hotwire Hotel: 3* Los Angeles (Culver City) Four Points Barcelo Culver City

Hondu
By Hondu,
in

Can some identify this hotel in Glendale-Burbank-Universal City Area...(4* hotel)

For August 2-4. $89 per night

* Gourmet dining

* Cocktail lounge

* Health and fitness center

* Business administrative center

* Guestrooms with upscale furnishings, bedding and bath products

* Concierge services

* Valet parking

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread.

Regarding the first hotel, in the Glendale zone, can you please list the amenity icons that HOTWIRE associates with that property... i'm not sure where you got that description from, but those are not the labels that HOTWIRE uses (you seemed to have gotten them correct in your second post)

Let us know and we'll have a look at both of the above.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

For the 4* Santa Monica-Venice-Marina del Rey hotel:

I see a 4* with two more icons than you listed. I also see Business Center and Highspeed Internet.

The TripAdvisor stats are a match for the Viceroy. And another bidder purchased the Viceroy a few days ago with those icons.

Please use this HOTWIRE link if you purchase and let us know what you get.

The first one is no longer available.

I'm finding a 4* in Glendale-Burbank-Universal available for $106 now. (Maybe you didn't see the hotel because you were looking at results from a search on "Santa Monica". Hotels in G-B-U zone don't show up when searching on "Santa Monica", and vice versa. You have to do two seaparate searches.)

Smokefree, Fitness, Pool, Restaurant, Business, Highspeed.

4* is a new option in the G-B-U zone and that hotel hasn't been identified yet. The TripAdvisor stats (3/5, 140+ reviews) match the Sheraton Universal, so that would be my best guess.

... and i'm not currently seeing any 4* hotels offered in the Santa Monica zone.

Hondu, please do a fresh search and let us know if anything is within your budget and star rating in the zone(s) you want.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

... and i'm not currently seeing any 4* hotels offered in the Santa Monica zone.

You'll see Santa Monica hotels if you search on "Santa Monica" rather than searching on "Los Angeles" or "Burbank". When I search Santa Monica I find three hotels for the poster's dates, including a 4*.

It's a longstanding Hotwire glitch that Santa Monica hotels don't show up when searching on "Los Angeles". But other zones that are much further away than Santa Monica, like Woodland Hills, do show up!

I am trying to stay near the beach area of Santa Monica. I did more research and this seems to be a good central location for what we want to do. We are trying to get 2 rooms for 3 adults and 2 teens.

I did another search and I see a 3* for $104 Century City-Westwood Area.

Amenities:

Airport shuttle

Business center

Complimentary breakfast

Laundry facilities

Hi Speed Internet

Is this the Holiday Inn Express in West Los Angeles which would be 3 miles from the Santa Monica pier?

The property above hasn't yet been reported to the board, but these are amenities that are often used by the Holiday Inn Express and the Tripadvisor information is consistent with this property, so this would seem like a pretty good guess.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

If it was the Holiday Inn Express 3*, it was no bargain through HOTWIRE. At the hotel website the price was $120 (advanced purchase) a night which obviously would only be a $16 difference.

So ended taking a 3* in Culver for $59 and the price was $160 on the Sheraton website. We have a rental minivan so this location is convenient enough.

I did remember to purchase through your HOTWIRE link.

Congratulations on your success!

Looks like you got a very nice deal and discount on this property.

Can you please add a reply to this thread with the amenities HOTWIRE associated wtih this property before your purchase... you can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Is this property a 'full' Sheraton branded property or is it the Four Points Sheraton Barcelo Culver City?

Thank you for sharing your results with the board and using our HOTWIRE link to begin your purchase.

Enjoy your stay.

• 5 months later...

I really the like the Barcelo 4 points

1. Free Internet

2. $9 a day parking which is less then nearby LAX..

3. Solid Comfy/Clean Rooms (hopefully the elevator is fixed from when I visited last)

4. Cool litte Library area

They seem to take this property off Priceline and now it is only on Hotwire...When you request a 2.5 on Priceline it upgrades you to the nearby Raddisson which I found to have issues....18 parking far away from hotel, so-so Rooms and such...

Cheers, O

BTW...I was looking at the hotwire list of hotels...

There is not a listing for Culver City Area on the list or am I wrong ( I know th e Priceline forum has a Culcer City section)?

Can we add one?

Right now I am searching dates....

I see a 3 star which I believe is a Raddision and a 2 star (Extended Stay?)

Let me know...

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]