Hotwire Hotel: No description

sfo
By sfo,
in

Have been looking at a 3 star property in San Bruno for Mar 28 for one night, but there is no descripton of ammenities so that I can nail it down for sure as the Staybridge Suites. Does anyone know of another 3 star property in San Bruno other than the Staybridge Suites?

I'm sure others know the area better than i do and perhaps they'll add their own thoughts, but i would think the Courtyard would be rated 3 stars, and the Clarion could be rated 3 stars.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks, will hold off a day or two and see if HW puts in the needed information, so I can decide whether to take it or not. I checked different dates near the end of Feb and the description is there and it is definately Staybridge for that time period.

I meant was your question to their Customer Service answered?

Oh, sorry about that. no they did not answer my question. It was, " I see a 3 star property listed for San Bruno near the SFO airport, but it has no Icons, I beleive I know what property it is as I have stayed here before, can you tell my why there are no icons?" Answer, "well if it does not have icons then it offers no ammenities" my reply "but if it is a 3 star property then as your 3 star description, it must have some ammenities, can you tell me. Answer, "no if it has no icons it can't have any ammenities, no I can not help you." With that I hung up, as I said before, representative was certainly not anywhere fluent in English that is why I am wondering if their call center is off shore.

To answer your question, the hotel needs to have all the amenities shown, but doesn't need to show all the amenities they have. There are a variety of reasons why a hotel might not show all their amenity icons, but in this sitation they either want to keep the hotel a secret and offer no clues as to its identity OR they didn't properly fill out the HOTWIRE paperwork and list the amenities, so it now appears with no icons.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 weeks later...

Be careful, I bought 2 nights at this 3 star in San Bruno with no description thinking it was the Staybridge and got the Ramada Limited instead. Lesson learned - look for amenities or Tripadvisor ratings consistent with the Staybridge (such as suite) if this is the property you want.

My experience with Hotwire's customer service is that it is very likely to be Philippines based, and also had difficulty communicating depending on the customer service rep. Suggest escalating to a supervisor if there are language barriers. Once you get past any communication barriers, I've found the customer service staff at Hotwire to be very good and customer focused.

Be careful, I bought 2 nights at this 3 star in San Bruno with no description thinking it was the Staybridge and got the Ramada Limited instead. Lesson learned - look for amenities or Tripadvisor ratings consistent with the Staybridge (such as suite) if this is the property you want.

My experience with Hotwire's customer service is that it is very likely to be Philippines based, and also had difficulty communicating depending on the customer service rep. Suggest escalating to a supervisor if there are language barriers. Once you get past any communication barriers, I've found the customer service staff at Hotwire to be very good and customer focused.

Welcome to Better Bidding and thanks for the feedback and information. Would you post a new thread on the SF Hotwire section detailing your Ramada Limited purchase (date of travel, price paid, etc). After you've done that, the Ramada Limited can be added to the SF Hotwire hotel list and will benefit others in the future. Thanks!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]