Hotwire Hotel: Help ID Reston - Sterling - Dulles Intl Airport IAD North

whplanet
By whplanet,
in

I need help ID-ing a few Hotwire hotels in Reston - Sterling - Dulles Intl Airport IAD North.

I searched for 2/7/09 - 2/10/09 and got:

$49 3* with No-smoking, Fitness, Pool, Laundry, and Internet

$89 4* with Shuttle, no-smoking, fitness, pool, restaurant, business, internet, golf

$39 2* with fitness and laundry

$89 2.5* with breakfast, fitness, golf, business, and tennis

I don't see any exact matches in the current list.

Thanks, in advance!

Please follow-up your previous Hotwire Charleston thread with whatever you ended up doing for that stay, then bump this thread and we'll have a look at the above.

Also, identifying hotels can be a time consuming process... rather than ask for all the hotels in a given zone, are all of the above real possibilities? For instance, would you spend $89 for a 2.5* property when there is a 3* offered in the zone for $49 and a 4* for $89??

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Unfortunately the 3* has not yet been identified (and i took a brief look at the others too and they haven't either)... for the 3* some guesses would the Hyatt Place, Hampton Inn, Country Inn and Suites... but what seems to be 'missing' is a Complimentary Breakfast which all of these offer.

As this doesn't appear to be an airport stay, do you need to be in this specific zone... would the Dulles South zone work for you? What appears to be the Hyatt Place Chantilly is available for a similar price, although this is located in the South part of the Dulles South zone (so if you needed to be in the Dulles North zone check the distance for how far this is from where you need to be)... alternately what appears to be the Hilton Dulles (but i'll doublecheck this and try to research further is if this is an option) is located a bit further north within the South zone, and would have you closer to the origingal Dulles North zone that you inquired about.

Let us know your thoughts regarding the above altnerate zone option.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

On the Feb13 HOTWIRE I saw the Aloft Dulles North (Hotel) listed as "$49 3* with No-smoking, Fitness, Pool, Laundry, and Internet" in the Dulles IAD North zone on Hotwire.

I booked 14 nights Feb 28-March 14, 2009 at $766.53 which is $54.75 per night all taxes included.

Amenities: Non-smoking, Fitness Center, Pool, Laundry, High-speed Internet Access. (Nothing about Continental breakfast or a restaurant.)

Their website keeps touting a snack-bar at the hotel, so it definitely doesn't look like there will be any kind of breakfast included. I found the website so trendy and non-standard as to be barely useful.

A good feature is Aloft has a free shuttle for a 5 mile radius, so I may not need a rental car now. Maybe they are trying to make up for the lack of a restaurant onsite. Does anybody know of some places to eat or a supermarket near this hotel?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]