in

2.5-star hotel in Fort Myers - Southwest Florida Intl Airport RSW

Feb 22-23.

$46

Complimentary continental breakfast

Pool

Laundry Facilities

High speed internet access

We are considering flying down from Chicago a day before our vacation really begins for fear of nasty weather. We won a 4 night stay at the Sanibel Harbour on lastminutetravel.com! We don't care at all about the quality of the hotel, we just want to be in Ft Myers safely a day before the real vacation begins. I'm picking the airport area because we are contemplating not renting a car since the majority of what we want to do will be on property at SH.

Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated :)

The idea behind leaving a day early for a cruise is that if you do arrive late, there is no late check-in, you litteraly miss the boat :) (and are then responsible for meeting the boat at its first destination, which usually comes at an expensive price since you're looking at 'walk up' rates for airfare, as well as additional hotel nites since the ship is usually at sea for a few day(s) before its first port of call)

With this noted, if these are the 'expensive' nites of your trip and you're concerned about arriving late and not being able to get the full potential out of the property and want to arrive the day before, the above is a match for the La Quinta Inn Fort Myers so that would be our best guess.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you very much! The 100% non smoking will upset "Mr. Poofy", so I may go play around with Priceline. But this is great to know as a backup.

And yes, Sanibel Harbour will be the "expensive" part of the trip, even though it only cost me 4 dollars :) But we definitely want to take advantage of everything the property has to offer. I definitely do not want to arrive Monday at 11pm or later due to a blizzard in Chicago, or worse yet, the next day.

And now I will use the PRICELINE link to go do some research there. As always, when I am ready to making a booking, I will use the HOTWIRE or PRICELINE link.

I'll keep you posted as to what we decide to do.

Cheers!

MissPoofy

I started by using the PRICELINE link provided by this site.

Chose 2.5* in the Ft. Myers airport area. $37 rejected.

Added 2* and did not include any other areas. $38 rejected.

Will try again tomorrow, and keep going up from there.

I'm basing my very low bid on the fact that HOTWIRE which I used via the HOTWIRE link provided from this site has a 2.5* in the airport area for $46.

If anybody knows the area well, I'd like to know if there are any liquor stores, restaurants, or bars in the area. I doubt we will be renting a vehicle.

Thanks!

Miss Poofy

If you do not plan to rent a car for your trip, be very sure that the hotel you pick or "win" actually has an airport shuttle. We were recently at the La Quinta Ft. Myers (there are two in the area) and they do not offer a shuttle to the airport. Since we were already planning on a rental car, it wasn't a deal breaker. But, if you end up with the LQ, it can be an expensive taxi ride.

If you do not plan to rent a car for your trip, be very sure that the hotel you pick or "win" actually has an airport shuttle. We were recently at the La Quinta Ft. Myers (there are two in the area) and they do not offer a shuttle to the airport. Since we were already planning on a rental car, it wasn't a deal breaker. But, if you end up with the LQ, it can be an expensive taxi ride.

Tenerifesharon,

Thank you for the heads up. The hotel listed on Hotwire is listed in the Airport area. So it should have a free shuttle, and if not, it is only a couple of miles from the hotel.

I looked at the bus service and there is a bus that goes from the airport to the Tanger Shopping Outlet, which is only a couple of miles from the Sanibel Harbour which we will be staying for the majority of our time. Supposedly the hotel shuttle goes to the outlet center. If not, a taxi from there shouldn't be more than 5 dollars. I just can't justify spending 50+ dollars a day for a rental car, plus taxes, plus insurance, if we really aren't going to be driving anywhere. Plus we'll be enjoying some cocktails, so driving won't be an option anyway.

Thanks again!

I also tried PRICELINE this morning (yes, I used the link from Better Bidding) and $39 and $40 was rejected. Plus the 2.5* in the airport area (most likely La Quinta, is up to $50. I'll try one more time tomorrow morning on Priceline, and then I'm going to book the HOTWIRE hotel if PRICELINE rejects me again. I have a feeling that rates are only going to rise. Maybe I am wrong?

Cheers,

MissPoofy

Located within the map of the above stated neighborhood, but not near the airport at all. Oh well.

La Quinta Inn Ft. Myers

4850 Cleveland Avenue,

Fort Myers,FL,33907

$51

After taxes and fees: $62.95

Complimentary breakfast

pool(s)

laundry facilities

high speed internet access

I used the HOTWIRE link from Better Bidding to begin my purchase.

Not being near the airport will probably work out in the long run. I'm assuming that this hotel is near stores, restaurants, etc.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to hear that this should work out well for your needs and hopefully there will be some things to do in the area to keep you busy.

Thanks for using our HOTWIRE link to begin your purchase and sharing your results with the board, helping us add this property to the Hotwire Hotel List.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks! In all likely hood, we'll be stranded at the Chicago airport for the majority of the day anyway. Glad to be of help adding another hotel to the Hotwire list. You provide a fantastic service with these boards and have saved me a TON of money over the last year.

Cheers!

Miss Poofy

• 3 weeks later...

Got lucky with an on-time flight. No bad weather. The hotel is eh. For the rate, you really can't complain. Although the bathroom is disgusting and am not looking forward to a shower in it.

For some added info for people who are willing to take the risk... the taxi fare from RSW (airport) was 30 dollars. A+++++ service, pleasant driver with LOADS of knowledge. Mel's Diner on the property, excellent. Other than that, not too much around as far as night life. There is a HOPS down the road.

Looking forward to checking into our resort tomorrow. :)

Cheers!

MissPoofy

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]