Priceline Hotel: How do I Bid and Rebid??

grigerny
By grigerny,
in

Hey guys, I am new to betterbidding.com.

I read through a few posts and saw some examples of people getting great deals when they name their price on priceline. But I am confused about how that is done...

I saw some examples that went like this "$800, $806, $830 (WIN), etc."

How does this work? is it simply just bidding and rebidding or is there a method to this madness? ha-ha. I am interested in learning how you guys get such great deals.

I understand that I should be using the PRICELINE link from this website which I am more than happy to do.

I would love if someone can break down the steps and links of how this works so I can do the same.

Not sure if this is helpful but some more info for you guys:

I am looking to travel from JFK (New York, NY) to Rome, Italy. Prefferably at the end of March - end ofApril. I don't have a prefferance yet I am just looking for the best prices for a 6 days 5 nights stay.

Any info would be helpful Thanks!

Hi,

understanding free re-bids is not that hard. Lets take your Rome trip as example. Once you have put in your travel dates and selected "Name my own price" you see

Step 1: Choose where you want to stay with the zones

1 Central

2 Vatican City

3 North

4 South

5 West

Lets assume you want to have a 5* and your prefered zone is 1 Central. When you klick the check box there you see 5* is available in that zone. Now you deselect it and and select one of the other zones at the time. You see, a 5* is only available in 1 Central. That means, you select for you first bid the Central zone only an place your bid. If it got rejected you add one of the zones and raise your bid and so on.

A free rebid zone is a zone that does not contains the star level you want to bid for. So you dont run the risk of getting a hotel there. Make sure that you have checked all zones before bidding!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

In addition to the above, this thread may help: Priceline Re-Bidding Explained

Feel free to ask any questions that you may have regarding the above and we'll clarify anything that is unclear.

Once you firm up your travel dates let us know and we'll advise accordingly with a strategy to follow for your bidding.

Thanks in advance for using the board's PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links for your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

When bidding below the 5* level, you have to make sure the zone you want to use as a free rebid is not available either at the star level you are bidding OR ANY HIGHER STAR LEVEL.

Thus, if you are bidding 3* and a certain zone is not available at the 3* level, Priceline can still award you a hotel in that zone if it has availability at either the 4* or 5* levels. They refer to it as an "Upgrade".

Romelle

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]