Priceline Hotel: 4* Toronto (Downtown) Sheraton Centre

VenomZeus
By VenomZeus,
in

I don't really know the area of Toronto, since I've only been there once. I'm going there soon from Montreal and wanted to know if all the Hotels that are selectable at priceline from downtown toronto are all pretty near from the toronto metro convention center by walking distance?

Thanks !

Welcome to BetterBidding!

I'm not very familiar with the area either, but if you go to Priceline and look at the map's shaded region for Downtown Toronto you'll see that the zone is about 2.25 miles from one end to the other.

While this is considered walkable to some, it's probably not for most. However, even if you have to pay for a cab ride back and forth i still think you'd come out ahead when factoring in cab fare vs. booking direct with a hotel that is within walking distance.

I'm sure others that know the area better will comment further.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I would say that all of the hotels listed on the within walking distance but then I like to walk! The ones up at 'Bloor' street and the Hilton are a good stroll away. The Sheraton is quite close and the Marriot at the Eaton Centre is not too far. The King Eddie is not quite as close. The Strathcona is not too far but not as nice as the Sheraton.

They are all a simple and quick subway ride down to Union Station and from there is is about a 10 min walk to the Metro Convention Centre.

If you get the Intercontinental on Front Street you are 'there'. Second closes is the Sheraton.

Hope that is of some help.

Flipphone

ON, Canada

I'm planning on staying for 2 nights with someone, I want to check in a hotel on August 26 and check out on the 28th.

Thanks for the info about the walking, I love to walk and so does my girfriend. As long as the hotel is close to the major stores in the downtown area, (about a 30 minute walk to anywhere over there) but more so to being closer to the convention centre; and we're happy!

:)

But we're on a budget and we don't want to pay any more than 100$/night CAN... I've seen that some people have got hotels at about 35$ american using priceline... So if there's a deal at under 160$ CAN total for 2 nights, that would be amazing!

Those rates in the mid-30's haven't been available during the summer months so i wouldn't focus on those.

At the 4* level you have 9 re-bid zones available, at the 3* level you have 3 re-bid zones. Feel free to ask questions or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before bidding if you're unsure.

This is how i would proceed:

Select 4* Downtown

Bid $40, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $45, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $50, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $52, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $54, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $56, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $57, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $58, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $59, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $60.

If the above is rejected close that browser ane re-access Priceline however you did previously and...

Select 3* Downtown

Bid $45, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $50, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $60.

Good luck and let us know how it goes or if you have any additional questions.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Congratulations on your winning bid... a 4*, a great rate, and under your prefered amount!

I don't know the rooms usually given to Priceline customers but i've heard excellent reports about this hotel so i'd assume they're the same as every other customer. If there is a certain configuration (King, 2 beds, smoking, non-smoking, etc) just call the hotel and request your preferences.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]