Hotwire Hotel: 4.5* San Francisco (USE) InterContinental

youallmad
By youallmad,
in

Hello board, long time watcher first time poster. I am looking for a hotel in Union Square Area one night for this Friday 2/6/09. Searching hotwire I have a four star hotel for $99. features:

Fitness

Restaurant

Business

Internet

Spa

From reading your threads it looks like this is the Westin Saint Francis. Could this be any other hotel in USE? I live in SF so I really just want to stay there because of personal history. If there is a chance it is something else I may not go with it. I know there is no guarantee but I just wanted to get some odds.

Thanks in advance and I will use your link when I purchase.

I think it's probably the Westin St Francis, but you can't be 100% sure.

Westin was last reported with those icons, which is a plus.

But other 4* hotels in USE have those amenities too and hotel icon sets change all the time without warning.

TripAdvisor stats could make or break the case for it being Westin, but unfortunately no TA stats for this one.

I know there is no guarantee but I just wanted to get some odds.

Nobody can quantify odds on something like this. All I can say is the Westin isn't a 100% sure thing.

Thanks for using the board's PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links if you decide to go for it.

I think it's probably the Westin St Francis, but you can't be 100% sure.

Westin was last reported with those icons, which is a plus.

But other 4* hotels in USE have those amenities too and hotel icon sets change all the time without warning.

TripAdvisor stats could make or break the case for it being Westin, but unfortunately no TA stats for this one.

Thank you! Do you know what other hotels have been listed in UNE with those same features? I thought the spa was unique to only one or two?

The Palace's Pool icon is the only difference betweeen Westin St Francis and Palace, at last reports.

Occasionally one icon will disappear from a hotel and then come back. When that happens it seems like the "Spa" icon comes and goes though more often than a "Pool" icon.

So yes, I think this is very probably the Westin, but absent TripAdvisor stats I don't want to say "I'm sure".

If you purchase please let us know what you get.

Thanks guys I just decided to book the Intercontinental 4 1/2* for $122 on HOTWIRE. (using your link)

I knew this hotel was a sure thing from the pool icon and 41/2 stars.

Did not want to risk not getting the ST. Francis so I went with the new higher star hotel. I new it would have all the bells and whistles. Wanted to avoid the Market St. Westin and Grand Hyatt.

Congratulations on your success and thank you for sharing your results with the board.

Glad you received the hotel you were expecting and that you're happy with the results.

For historical purposes, can you please add the amenities of the Inter-Continental to this thread... you can still view these by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

It depends upon the hotel, based upon occupancy levels, the mood of the front desk clerk, etc, etc...

Sometimes you can get upgraded from free, other times at a reasonable fee, sometimes at an exhorbitant fee, and sometime not at all (even if rooms are available)

If you need an upgraded room than PRICELINE and HOTWIRE are probably not the best booking options... on the otherhand if you are satisified with a 'standard' room at a fraction of the retail price, then PRICELINE and HOTWIRE are excellent booking sources.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

This hotel features the following amenities:

Fitness Center

Guests have access to exercise equipment; an additional charge may apply.

Pool(s)

Property offers at least one pool area; hours and dates of operation may be seasonal.

Restaurant(s)

Property offers at least one restaurant on the premises; hours and days of operation may vary.

Business Center

Guests have access to business equipment and services; an additional charge may apply.

High-speed Internet Access

Guestrooms are equipped with high-speed Internet access; an extra charge may apply.

The total was $146.76 when all said and done

If you book through HOTWIRE, can you pay to upgrade the room type on arrival? I am looking at making the same booking as you've mentioned in this thread, but would love to be able to upgrade the room. I'd love to hear if this can be/ has been done? Thanks so much

We've stayed twice at the Intercontinental, and both times booked w/Hotwire. On our first visit, we received a very nice complimentary upgrade. We didn't ask for it, the desk clerk just searched for any available room w/king bed and it was an upgraded room (Executive King, all of which are corner rooms). It was simply a matter of being at the right place at the right time. On our second stay, we took whatever they gave us, mainly because we weren't going to be spending much time in our room. Even so, we received a very nice room -- it's hard to go wrong at this hotel.

A few weeks ago we stayed at the Mark Hopkins Intercontinental and I was interested in upgrading to a higher floor since the views are good from Nob Hill. In this economy, and the hotel seemingly empty, they were all too happy to offer us an $$$ upgrade. It's a buyers market right now, so speak up and make your preferences known.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]