Priceline Hotel: legoland

nicoee
By nicoee,
in

We are planning a trip to legoland in March with another family and I was wondering what my best bet would be, PRICELINE or HOTWIRE? I am wondering if anyone knows the average price for a hotel down there using one of these sites and what areas are decent for families to stay at? Are there areas I should avoid? Any information about Legoland and the surrounding area would be appreciated.

We are planning a trip to legoland in March with another family and I was wondering what my best bet would be, PRICELINE or HOTWIRE?
What is more important to you... the lowest possible price OR having an educated guess as to the property you may receive before your purchase (and the amenities offered)
I am wondering if anyone knows the average price for a hotel down there using one of these sites and what areas are decent for families to stay at?
Rates are date specific... what are the date(s) of your stay?
Are there areas I should avoid? Any information about Legoland and the surrounding area would be appreciated.
These two threads have quite a bit of info regarding Legoland: Priceline San Diego Coastal and Legoland Hotel

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know the above and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The 4* Sheraton Carlsbad is next door to Legoland, but it's also more expensive than other 3* and 2.5* hotels in the zone. If you'll post your exact travel dates and your hotel budget we'll see what suggestions we can come up with.

How many rooms do you need and how many adults/children per room? Your bedding requirements play a role in deciding between Priceline and Hotwire.

We will need 2 rooms, each will have 2 adults and 2 children. The dates we are thinking of are Mar 15-17, but really any sunday through tuesday in march would work. I think we are leaning towards using HOTWIRE so that we have a guess as to what hotel we will get. Yes, we will make sure to use the links from this website to book our stay. This site has been great, I used it a few months back for a trip to Disneyland.

Thanks for your help!

I think we are leaning towards using HOTWIRE so that we have a guess as to what hotel we will get.
It is also the only way to ensure enough bedding for everyone in your party since you're searching for quad occupancy... PRICELINE only guarantees double occupancy.

If you search HOTWIRE for your dates above are any hotels offered within your desired star rating and budget? If so, what is the star rating and amenities associated with the property offered?

Thanks for using our PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links for your searches and purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I did a search for Mar 15- 17 in Carlsbad for 2 rooms with a total of 4 adults and 4 kids, I would appreciate your best guesses as to what hotels these might be.

3 stars in Carlsbad for $89- airport shuttle, fitness center, pool, restraunt, laundry facilities

2.5 stars in Carlsbad for $72- smoke free, pool, high-speed internet access

2.5 stars in Oceanside for $53- complimentary breakfast, laundry facilities

2.5 stars in Encinitas for $62- complimentary breakfast, pool, high-speed internet access

$53 sounds great but, I am wondering what hotel that seems really reasonable.

Thank you for your help!

None of the above have been reported to the board. I'm guessing the 3* in Carlsbad is the Holiday Inn Carlsbad by the Sea... the others have amenities that are way to common for this area for me to make much of an educated guess.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know whatever you decide or if we can be of further help.

There's a La Quinta in Carlsbad and another LQ in Oceanside. Those 2.5* hotels could be the La Quintas. There are some other possibilities too. Both La Quintas are $99 for two beds your dates and include breakfast.

The Sheraton Resort is showing on Hotwire now. It looks like it's been downgraded from 4* to 3.5*. It's $139 on Hotwire and $159 if you buy from Sheraton. Not much of a discount, especially after Hotwire fee.

If the Holiday Inn is $89 on HOTWIRE you might be able to get it for less bidding on PRICELINE. I think a Holiday Inn near Legoland would have a lot of two-bed rooms, but still with PRICELINE you don't have a two bed guarantee.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]