By klos,
in

Hyatt Regency in Downtown Vancouver

3 nights, 2/2/09 thru 2/5/09 at US$65 /night

STarted bid Downtown at $56

- added Downtown/City Hall at 58

- added Port Coquitlam at 62

- added Langley and finally won at $65

Hotel looks nice and good location, but reading some reviews, looks like the extras might kill the price.

Internet access is $15CA / Day and Parking at hotel is $28CA/day, although there are evidently alternate garages in area for a lot less.

Thanks for the website, I think I figured it out now... maybe :)

-klos

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Congratulations on your win and thank you for sharing your results with the board. Hope you're happy with the results and that this works well for your plans.

looks like the extras might kill the price.

Internet access is $15CA / Day and Parking at hotel is $28CA/day

Nobody likes paying for 'extras' but i hardly think this makes this any less of a deal. Hotel direct rates start at $204C ($165US) for your dates so you're saving over $100US per nite... plenty left over for parking and/or internet, not to mention that those who book direct (at $204C) still pay the same amount for both internet and parking :)

Even if you use the hotel's parking and hotel's internet each day, you're looking at an additional $35(US) which is still under $100/nite for a 4* hotel in Vancouver... can you find a 4* hotel in this area which includes both parking and internet?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

$100US (plus fees & taxes) IS a great deal on a 4* in Downtown YVR, but if you were expecting to pay say.... $65US.... you might be a little disappointed with the deal you thought you were getting. In my case, I had the option to stay in outlying areas where prices & extras are less expensive, but since I hadn't stayed downtown in a long time, I thought it might be nice.

I am happy with my room, but more than anything, I wanted to post the note on the extra cost that I wish I had seen BEFORE committing to a hotel.

Thanks again for the site. It is very helpful.

klos

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]