Priceline Hotel: 3.5* USVI (St Thomas) Marriott Frenchmans Reef

Matthew
By Matthew,
in

Finally, been trying for a hotel in the USVI for a while now. Last bid of $125, regular rate of $314, so I'm glad I got a good rate on this hotel. I just realized I made a mistake thinking I was getting a free rebid at $145, but I was actually only rebidding on Resort since it's technically a 4.5*, doh! I totally had that backwards in my head, should have bid 3.5* STT and then added STJ for one free rebid.

Here's my history [may have bid lower to start, only wrote down the high bid]:

1/26: 2/1-5: R@145

1/26: 2/2-5: R@135,3.5@125

1/22: R,3.5@120,3@90,2.5@80,2@70,1@55

1/21: R,3.5@100,3@80,2.5@70,2@60,1@45

I did check my reservation on the Marriott web site, and it has me booked in "Guest room, 1 King or 2 Double, Resort view", tho I'm not surprised. Hopefully with the economy like it is, most people are staying home and they'll be willing to upgrade me to an ocean view room. I'll try to remember to update this thread on the results of my stay.

Marriott Frenchman's Reef

St. Thomas

Estate Bakkaroe 5

St. Thomas, Us Virgin Islands 00801

340-776-8500

Check-In Date:

Sun, Feb 1, 2009 / After 03:00 PM

Check-Out Date:

Thu, Feb 5, 2009 / 11:00 AM

Amenities: Remote Control TV with Premium Channels, Telephone with Voicemail, Radio Alarm Clock, Iron and Ironing Board, Hairdryer, Business Services, 24 Hour Front Desk, Full Service Restaurant, Room Service

Your Offer Price Per Room, Per Night: $150.00

Subtotal: $600.00

Taxes & Service Fees: $75.86

Total Charges*: $675.86

Thanks for the great web site! I used the PRICELINE link from this web site.

@Matthew

Congratulations on your success!

Looks like you got a very nice deal for this stay and you're happy with the results. I'm not sure i would have been bidding 1* this far ahead of your stay and i think it's a good thing that you weren't accepted for any of those bids... that could have been very disappointing for a 4 nite stay.

Thank you for using our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding and sharing your results with the board, helping us add this property to the Priceline Hotel List.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the feedback thereuare. I've only successfully won one 1* bid, and that was for a Studio Plus that was recently converted into an ExtendedStay Deluxe in the Chicago O'Hare area. I wasn't expecting to get accepted at that low of a rate, although given the rates on the island, I would be pleased with something cheap. All I really want is a bed and a shower, if I could I would rent an SUV to sleep in and go to a rest area with showers, haha. However, my travel companion seems a little more needy, lol.

Again, thanks for the help, next time I should post for assistance.

@Matthew

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]