Hotwire Hotel: Help ID 2.5* Medford-Somerville

flyme2
By flyme2,
in

I'm still helping the relations with their big New England trip. I suspect that this 2.5* may be the Tage Inn.

Amenities (6):

Restaurant(s)

Fitness Center

Complimentary Breakfast

Business Center

Spa Services

Laundry Facilities (self-service)

I've done my homework, and the hotel does offer all of the above-mentioned amenities. Yes, even a spa! "Swim spa" actually, is that a fancy way of saying hot tub?

HW has it for $74 on the day I'm considering, PL has accepted bids for $60, and the hotel website has a rate of $109.

What are the date(s)?

I started looking and the hotel you mentioned seems logical but i'm not sure about the spa icon... a whirlpool qualifying sounds like a bit of a stretch. I did find one hotel in my search at the lower star levels that offered a sauna, but once i know your dates i'll try to go back an find it.

By the way, the Tage Inn REVIEWS seem great!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I think the Tage Inn is the best guess.

A few more indicators by what is not shown. How many hotels offer a spa but not a pool? (almost every hotel that has a whirlpool also has a regular pool... unless the spa refers to a sauna which i didn't see any hotels in this area with that amenity). The set-up at the Tage seems to fit this unique set-up.

As well, the hotel doesn't have a restaurant, just as Hotwire does not show that amenity icon.

It's often hard to identify 'independent' hotels such as this as you never know about their participation with the opaque services.

Let us know how it goes if/when you move forward.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Thanks!!... i bet flyme2 will be equally pleased. :)

I would be, but as luck would have it, the property isn't coming up for my dates anymore. I'm getting a 2.5* for $83 with 2 listed amenities:

• fitness center
  • laundry facilities

The Tage Inn website still shows availability at $109. Unfortunately, that exceeds the budget of my young visiting relations. I guess I'll have to move them over to the more affordable Woburn area.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]