Linking from BetterBidding when browsing

dergon darkhelm
By dergon darkhelm,
in

I have been good about using the links on Betterbidding.com when purchasing via Priceline and Hotwire.

However, I will often browse both of those sites (and others) numerous times when contemplating travel before actually committing to the bid process.

Does it help betterbidding.com as a site for me to link out every time I visit priceline or hotwire? Or is the structure such that the site benefits only when actual bids/ purchases are made?

thanks,

dergon

• 2 years later...
Using it everytime makes it a habit, which decreases the chances of having to say, "Ooops, sorry, i forgot" :)

Hi! Newbie here, eager to post about my wins but must ask, what is the benefit to this site when using the links from here? I don't understand but I'm happy to help "the cause"! Go Team!!!

• 3 weeks later...

If I click on the links on this site to open the priceline or hotwire sites, does betterbidding get "credit" for anything I do in that window while it is open? Normally, I keep the same hotwire window open all day, after opening it from this site. Is that OK?

• 1 year later...

I hope admin here can answer this question that I had:

I want to support betterbidding so I always ensure I use your link or your search box. Question: If I use your link or your search box to land on priceline, but I don't complete a purchase right away, instead, I may navigate through varies sections of priceline website (for example, the regular priced section, the Name Your Own Price secton, the newly added Express Deals sectioni, etc) back and forth (in a attempt to find the best deal), and then eventually I complete a purchase. Is this okay? Or do I need to initiate every visit to priceline from your link / search box?

It depends how long if you're looking/clicking around... if you ultimately purchase within 20-30 minutes we should get credit, but if you leave the screen open, go grab dinner, run an errand, etc, etc and return 1-2 hours later then it would be best (and appreciated) if you re-clicked a PRICELINE and/or HOTWIRE link on the board.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 weeks later...

How about those "PriceLine" immediate "rebids"? e.g. Use the link the first time, make a PL bid, then they counter offer -- and you accept the counter offer? Does the referral still count? With the rebid process, when you find an acceptable deal on rebid, you are prohibited from making another "new" offer, so you are compelled to take the counter, and not go back in. (I often do this, but wanted to support the board the best way possible).

Thanks for asking...

Everything should track correctly as long as you accept the counter-offer within a reasonable time frame... you just can't keep the counter-offer page open for an extended period of time (an hour??) and then accept.

On the hand, if you're bid is rejected and PRICELINE sends you an email the following day that it's been 24 hours since you last bid and you're eligible to bid again, please don't use the link in the email, but rather return to the board and start with a link (or the search boxes) here on the board.

Any questions let us know.

Thanks again.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]