Hotwire price changes

Long Tall Sally
By Long Tall Sally,
in

I have been watching hotels in London. I checked the prices yesterday morning at home, then again yesterday afternoon at work. I noticed one I had been monitoring ($93 at home) had gone down $4 at work (to $89), so when I got home I immediately checked it again, still $93. So I cleared my cookies and it went down to $89. Is this something that normally happens that I was unaware of, because if so then I am going to be more dilligent about checking prices at work and clearing cookies. It's not much, but why pay $20 (for 5 days) more to Hotwire than I have to?

First, please note that if you clear your cookies you also delete any affiliate referal from previously clicking our links, so anytime you clear your cookies, please be sure to click our PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links again to begin your next search.

As discussed previoulsy, HOTWIRE uses a variable mark-up in their pricing. There is no assurance that your second search will be less than your first... the price could have just as easily gone from $93 up to $97 (instead of down to $89) and you end up paying $20 more than you would have if you purchased at the first price.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]