Hotwire Hotel: 4* Chicago (NMA-Water Tower-Gold Coast) The Avenue

mandaring
By mandaring,
in

Hi, I am looking for a hotel room for February 13th-16th in the Chicago Mag Mile area. I have found two so far and was wondering if anyone could help me out with identifying either. Thanks in advance for your help!

4.5* Magnificent Mile - Streeterville

Hotwire hot Rate

$102/night

Amenities:

Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

High-Speed Internet

Trip advisor 4.0 out of 5.0

Based on 320+ Customer Reviews (Last Reviewed January 2009)

4* North Michigan Avenue - Water Tower - Gold Coast

Hotwire hot Rate

$82/night

Amenities:

Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

High-Speed Internet

No Trip advisor comments.

Again, any help will be greatly appreciated, I have used this website before for booking and suggestions, and have always been really happy! Thanks :)

4.5 = likely the Intercontinental or Conrad

4 = could be a few different hotels (Allerton, Drake, Knickerbocker or Westin MA). Given that this could be the Allerton, I'd skip it and go with the 4.5 Mag Mile.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE link to start your purchase. Let us know how it goes and if you have any questions.

I'll add to the above regarding the 4.5* that the number of reviews shown by Tripadvisor is consistent with the InternContinental so i would think that is the one you're seeing above, more so than the Conrad.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I have not booked anything yet, as I have been trying to find more of a trendy place for us to stay. My best friend and I are doing a "girls weekend" and we are looking to stay at a hotel by some popular hot spots, trendy bars, etc. We are 25 and would like to check out the nightlife scene, as my friend is possibly looking to move there. Does anyone have any recommendations for a nice hotel/area where we would be close to these things? We still want a very nice hotel if possible, somewhere in the 3.5-4* range. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Amanda

Search 2 adults/2 kids on HOTWIRE and there is a 3.5* Boutique in the North Michigan Ave/Water Tower/Gold Coast area with the amenities: Boutique, Restaurant, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Golf, Tennis, Spa. This would appear to be a match for the Hotel Indigo, which would be a great Girl's Weekend hotel - it's a really cute boutique property in the nightlife-heavy Gold Coast area. This doesn't come up if you just search for 2 adults.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE link if this is of interest.

Still haven't booked anything yet, but just found something new on Hotwire, and couldn't find it on the hotel list. Any suggestions on what this would be?

4-star hotel in North Michigan Avenue - Water Tower - Gold Coast

This hotel features the following amenities:

Smoke Free Rooms

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

High-speed Internet Access

Tennis Nearby

No Tripadvisor details.

Best Value.

This is $82/night for 2 adults no children February 13th-16th. Thank you!!!!

This property has not yet been identified, but if i were to take a shot, i think the Avenue Hotel (previously the Radisson Hotel and Suites Chicago) and that would be my best guess.

What were your thougths regarding the 3.5* Boutique property AaronJB commented on above?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I ended up booking through the HOTWIRE link stated above, and it was the Avenue Hotel. Still seems like a good deal, it ended up being $286 something total for the weekend, and I went to Avenue's website, and booking through there would have been $450.

I did not like the Boutique property, although in a good area, we were looking for something more modern and elegant, and I thought the Hotel Indigo's decor seemed cheap and and the pictures of their rooms appeared to be very small.

Thanks!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]