Priceline Hotel: 3* Newark-Meadowlands (Secaucus-NB) Crowne Plaza

drakeyoon
By drakeyoon,
in

Dear All,

I got a room of Crowne Plaza Meadowlands.

I started to bid at $40, but rejected. After several tries, I got a room at $65.

(Sorry not to remember the exact bidding history.)

I think I got it with somewhat higher price, because my dates (September, weekdays) are not good.

But, I am happy because it is stilll much cheaper than the Expedia.com or hotel.com prices of $140 !!

(The crowne plaza hotel homepage was offering at $110 for internet advanced purchase.)

FYI, the hotwire.com offered with $80 for same dates.

(I think the hotel they offered is also the Crowne Plaza, from the amenities, region, and star rating.)

Happy bidding~!! :)

Thanks for your kindness.

I have tiny questions on this hotel. :)

I want to visit NYC using a public transportation. (don't want to be lost in the maze of NYC.)

Is it possible to use a bus to commute from this hotel to NYC (manhattan) ?

If yes, how far is the bus stop from the hotel ?

Is it safe even in very late night ?

(I want to taste the night life in NYC, so will come back to the hotel very lately.)

If I use a taxi, how much is the fare from Manhattan ?

Thanks in advance. :)

I don't know the specific location of the bus stop but it's convenient. Without traffic bus should take about 25 minutes into the Port Authority. The busses probably stop running at 2am and resume again maybe at 5am/6am so i don't know how late you plan on staying out.

Taxi would be expensive as they double the meter (supposed to only double the fare once you crosee the NY/NJ border, but you'll never get a taxi to agree to that! :) ). Depending upon where in NYC you get in the taxi i would guess about $50+.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Actually, the bus location is convenient but the schedule is not. I was out there this past weekend and noticed that it only runs once an hour. It is bus 129 from Port Authority and leaves on Meadlowlands Pkwy., about 1-2 blocks from the hotel. Fare is $2.10 and driver makes change. Runs more frequently weekdays.

The hotel claims to offer a free shuttle service up to 3 miles but when I requested Weehawken ferry pick up, then Union City Post Office, then North Bergen Park and Ride, all locations were considered too far which they are not. The hotel is only 4 miles from Manhattan and anything above the 3rd floor will get you a view of the Empire State building and a few other tops of midtown buildings. And after 6 phone calls and 2 voicemail messages to housekeeping and front desk just to get a toothbrush, I can't imagine how the hotel would handle something more complicated like shuttle drop off/pick up!

Best part about the room is the comfortable bed and comforter, everything else is just blah. Sheraton I am told is nice out there in Meadowlands but for easy access to NYC, Crowne Plaza is good. Also very good for shopping as you are in Harmon Cove outlet malls and there is no sales tax on clothing in New Jersey!

Alas, it was not my highly coveted and extremely elusive $37 JC Hyatt. :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]