Hotwire Hotel: 4* San Francisco (Nob Hill) InterContinental Mark Hopkins

BEAV
By BEAV,
in

This was wierd.

Initially, I entered my search for 2 adults and received these amenities in the display for $119:

Restaurant

Business

Internet

Note: No TripAdvisor info given

Next, I entered 3 adults and received the following amenities for $126:

Restaurant

Fitness

Business

Internet

TripAdvisor info was more-or-less a match for the Mark Hopkins Intercontinental. The amenites displayed were also an exact match for the Mark Hopkins on the hotel list as well as in Hotwire's vacation package.

Based on that research, I was thinking the hotel for $119 was the Huntington, which has been discussed on a couple other threads as a possible new Hotwire participant. And of course the hotel for $126 was an all-around match for the Mark Hopkins (or so I thought!).

I purchased the hotel for displaying $119 for two adults and was assigned the Mark Hopkins! :)

So the question is, has anyone ever reported the same hotel displaying different amenities based on the number of travelers entered into the search?

InterContinental Mark Hopkins

Number One Nob Hill

San Francisco, California

Check-in date: Jan 22, 2009

Check-out date: Jan 23, 2009

Rate per Night: $119

Taxes/fees: $22.49

Total: $141.49

Amenities:

Restaurant

Business

Internet

Purchased through the BetterBidding link to HOTWIRE.

I've seen the past some hotels adding/dropping an amenity icon from search to search (when adding/removing occupants) but i feel like i'm seeing it a lot more in the last 2-3 days. See this San Juan Doubletree thread for one such example.

Sorry you didn't receive the hotel you were expecting, but hopefully this property will work just as well for your needs. At least at $119/nite this is still an excellent deal, with the InterContinental website showing well over $200+ for this nite.

Thank you for sharing your results with the board and using our HOTWIRE link to begin your purchase.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 month later...

I was wondering about different amenities showing up for the same hotel depending on the number of guests registered and found this page; came back to post my results.

My experience was that different amenities really do mean a different hotel.

Our three families were visiting Maple Grove, MN. Whether a room for two adults, one adult and one child, or two adults and two children, there was always only one 2.5-star hotel available. The amenities were the same for each search, except that the 2+2 search added a breakfast icon to the amenities list. Odd.

The price for the 2+2 search was $6 more per night than the other two searches, but we figured the price difference was because it was for more people in the room, and since there was always only one 2.5-star hotel in the search, we figured the amenity anomaly was just a glitch. We didn't want to book all three rooms at once because it made us all pay the +$6/night, even though the other two rooms only had two people.

Nope.

The two adults and two kids are staying at the La Quinta, the adult + child and the two adults are staying at the Ramada. :)

Would've been worth the extra $74 to all be together.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]