Priceline Hotel: Resort(??) Cancun (Downtown-Beaches) Omni

mrhaynow
By mrhaynow,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Congratulations on your win and thank you for sharing your results with the board.

Can you please doublecheck your winning bid confirmation screen to confirm the star rating of this property... you listed it as a 4* but i believe it is currently rated Resort by PRICELINE. If you bid 4* does your confirmation screen mention anything regarding being upgraded to a Resort class property.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hello all.....

I am new to Better Bidding ...so ,, i'm geting use to how to post :)

OK...... i'll start from the beginning

I started bidding about a week ago with a start price of $65 bucks and bid up in $3 increments.....

I got my price yesterday....Jan. 17, 2009.......which is $80 bucks per night at the Omni "RESORTS" hotel and villa :) for the period of Tuesday Jan.20 ....checking out ....Friday Jan.23 ( 3 nights )

The way i bid was first check the 5 star mark then bid.....then check the 4 start mark then bid. I believe that when u check the 5 star mark the Resorts mark gets automatically checked.

My confirmation does say "RESORTS" Omni Cancun Hotel And Villas ....not 4 star.

I my opinion,,,This is the rock bottom price ( $80 )for this time period and is an INCREDIBLE DEAL !!!!!!

Also,, let me just add,,, This is a AWESOME Hotel as i have stayed here two times before.

I go to Cancun many times a year and have stayed at other Hotel Properties......So,, if anyone out there needs any help or advice about Cancun.......let me know

OK....post with u all later

Mr. Hay Now :o

• 4 weeks later...

Hello uop1497

Glad to help.

I have found that most rooms u get thru Priceline are going to have double beds unless u request a king bed at check-in. In the case of the Omni and Hilton in Cancun I automatically was given a double bed at check-in. In the case of the Hilton I did request a king bed at check-in and was told I wud have to wait till 3pm before one wud be availale. However, a room with two double beds was available right now so i took that one so i did not have to wait.

I my opinion it seems that the King beds are the most desirable so u sud have no problem getting a double. Also, the double comfortable sleeps 4. I am pretty sure that u can have 4 people in one room without any additional charges if u are not getting the all inclusive.

I too ONLY get the room and do not pay for the all inclusive. This is a much more affordable way to go. There are all kinds of great restraunts all over Cancun and in downtown Cancun that are just a short bus ride away. Also, if u stay at one of these hotels u will be one of the first to be dropped off ( if taking a shared ride van // around $12 per person ) as they are some of the first hotels u come to when entering the Hotel Zone. This = more beach time :)

As far as location is concerned for the Omni and Hilton.... these hotels are in the Hotel Zone but are at the far end of the Hotel Zone. This is fine as its just a short .50 cent bus ride to all the shops and restraunts and night clubs.

ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS take the BUS....it's Cheap Cheap Cheap !!!!! only .50Cents vs. around 5 to 10 dollars for a cab ride to the same place.

ok ,, if u all have any more questions let me know. i have been to cancun around 15 time and know all the ends and outs :)

Mr. Hay Now

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]