Debit cards?

bethg
By bethg,
in

Hello!

I'm new to using Priceline (used Hotwire before, but always thought priceline was just too uncertain. That's because I didn't know the strategies!), and want to try to bid for a hotel for this weekend. My question is, does priceline accept debit cards? I don't have a credit card, but my debit card is a Visa and can be used for most any purchases. I tried checking this forum, the priceline website, etc, but couldn't find any info on this.

Thanks in advance!

Beth

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Yes, if your debit card has the Visa logo on it then you should have no problem using it for your purchase. However, do keep in mind that many hotels require a deposit at check-in, and will likely place some of your funds on 'hold', but this pertains to all hotel reservations, not just those booked with PRICELINE or HOTWIRE.

Let us know if we can be of any help with your hotel bidding for your upcoming NYC stay.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

You can use a Debit Card to purchase a room on Hotwire/Priceline but I highly suggest that you don't use it when you check in. Hotels will ask for a Credit Card for incidentals, if you give them a debit card you might have your funds "held" by the bank until the hotel clears it, sometimes up to 2 weeks after you check out. Always use a Credit Card at check-in for incidentals and never your Debit Card. Or just decline to give a card all together, you probably will have the PPV movies locked and no key to the mini-bar, but that's life.

• 2 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]