Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* Phoenix (Tempe-ASU) Legacy Golf Resort

Bruce
By Bruce,
in

I was expecting the Marriott Buttes - should have known that was too good of a deal - but got the Legacy Golf Resort, 6808 South 32nd Street, Phoenix, Arizona 85042, (602) 305-5500. Amenities: Resort, Fitness, Pool, Golf, Tennis, Spa, Children's Activity Program

Hotel rate per night: $74.00 Nights:2 Rooms:1 Subtotal: $148.00 Tax recovery charges & fees: $21.99 Total price: $169.99

The rate at this hotel's website is $126.65

This is at the far, south-western part of the Tempe-ASU Area. I don't think people wanting to be close to ASU would want this property.

As always, I used the BetterBidding HOTWIRE Link.

Sorry to hear you didn't receive the hotel you were hoping for (hopefully you didnt' expect the Marriott Buttes since the amenities dont' match the above exactly). Always feel free to ask for help before your purchase confirming what you think you're seeing, as the Legacy Golf Resort had been seen previously with the amenities above (listed in the second post of the Hotwire Hotel List, now with a strikeout, since we have moved the listing to the first post)

Hopefully you can still make this work for your needs this trip.

Thank you for sharing your results with the board and using our HOTWIRE link to begin your purchase.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

On a Phoenix trip last week (I was staying at the Fairmont in Scottsdale) I scouted out the Legacy Golf Resort for future trips because PL often has it for around $50 and the golf course is known as good for women. Also, I went to golf school as its sister property, Orange Tree Resort, in Scottsdale and really like it.

I would not want to stay at the Legacy Golf Resort because of the neighborhood - particularly for a woman alone - unless you are going to do everything at the resort including meals. The surrounding area was so pitifully poor that it looked like Mexico. There's goats in the yard of the house outside the gate. My husband, a retired police officer, saw gang grafitti in the area. There are no restaurants or shopping anywhere. The only selling points are (1) a gorgeous golf course with mountain scenery; and (2) proximity to airport five minutes away.

Please post a review on this site when you return because I would like to know the room and food quality.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]