Montreal Y Hotel

Flipphone
By Flipphone,
in

Hello,

Just heard about this. If you are looking for a room in Downtown Montreal you might want to look at the Montreal Y Hotel (rated 2*). Recently fully refurbished - 30 double rooms with private bathrooms, etc. See the link below.

http://www.ydesfemmesmtl.org/English/indexE.html

Rates are $85 CDN plus taxes (about $79 US with taxes) a night for a double with private bathroom in High Season ($75 CDN low season). May not be for everyone or as good a rate as you can get via Priceline but it is another option.

My brother and his sig-ot are going to stay here in a couple of weeks so I will try to remember to get a review from him and post it up.

Flipphone

ON, Canada

Flipphone: Wouldn't your brother & s/o be more comfortable at the 3* Hyatt for less money? It's been going for anywhere from $42 to $50 USD on Priceline. It has a pool, is directly connected to the Metro and the Complexe Desjardins Mall and is right across the street from Place des Arts. The Y may have been recently refurbished, but its only real advantage is its proximity to the Crescent Street anglo bar scene. The Hyatt is closer to the francophone resto/bar area on rue St. Denis, Chinatown, Old Montreal and the gay village.

My only experience with staying at a Y was years ago in Waikiki. I was travelling solo on a triple miles mileage run, two weeks before a bonafide Hawaii trip with my wife. She allowed me to go, provided I could do the whole thing for $750 or less. Airfare was $500, so I had little choice in those pre Priceline days but to stay at the $29 Y. Location was alright, the private room was tiny and dorm like, painted battleship grey and the toilets and public showers were down the hall. Best of all was being awoken in the middle of the night by cockroaches crawling all over me and the bed. When I complained about it the next morning (I'm not squeamish), I was handed a fresh can of Raid. Ah ... good times...

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]