Priceline Hotel: 5* London (Mayfair-Soho) Grosvenor House

ns147
By ns147,
in

This is my first time using Better Bidder so here goes.

2 people traveling to London 3/22-3/27 - although if we could get a really good deal we might think about spending another day!

We would like areas Mayfair-Soho or Bloomsbury/Marble Arch in a 5 star

Should we try priceline first and then hotwire or vice-versa?

This is my first time using Better Bidder so here goes.

2 people traveling to London 3/22-3/27 - although if we could get a really good deal we might think about spending another day!

We would like areas Mayfair-Soho or Bloomsbury/Marble Arch in a 5 star

Should we try priceline first and then hotwire or vice-versa?

I am trying - i can't figure out what is going on. I feel like an idiot! I am trying to post one thread in "hotwire" and one in "priceline" and something keeps getting messed up. Hopefully you really helpful (and patient) people can bear with me and figure out what I am trying to do...

The 5* Mayfair-Soho hotel above is a match for the Inter-Continental Park Lane so that would be our best guess.

So now you have to decide if you want to take this 'known' hotel for the price offered by HOTWIRE OR if you'd like to try for better deal thru PRICELINE, but not be able to take an educated guess as to the property you'll likely win.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Your thoughts?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

At the five star level you have FIVE re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

(NOTE: 're-bid zone1' is not the same as priceline's Zone1, 're-bid zone2' is not the same as priceline's Zone2, etc, etc)

Select 5* Soho-Mayfair...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $130, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 5* Soho-Mayfair and re-bid zone4...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $150, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 5* Soho-Mayfair and re-bid zone5...

Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $160, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $165, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $170, if rejected add re-bid zone4...

Bid $175

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you so much - I do have a few questions for clarification...

If I understand correctly, I will begin by selecting 5*, Soho... and enter $100. If rejected I will choose the first of my available free rebids (can be any zone that has up to 4*, but no 5*) and bid $120. If rejected, add another zone as before and rebid until I am rejected at $130. Then I will close my browser and start again. This time I will begin with 5* Soho AND a zone that has up to a 4* but not a 5* and bid $135, and continue adding zones that have up to a 4*, but not a 5* and rebidding.

I just looked at Priceline (12:04 EST) for London and found the following zones that do not have 5*. Am I interpreting Priceline correctly?

1. Financial District

2. Heathrow

3. Gatwick

4. Paddington...

5. London Bridge...

6. Luton Airport

7. Finsburg

Ok - I think I just found my mistake in the previous post - my rebid zones are wrong. Here is my new list of rebid zones (5 out of the 10 listed on Priceline)

1. Bloomsbury Marble Arch

2. Finsbury...

3. Hammersmith

4. Notting Hill...

5. City London Bridge

I also made another newbie mistake - failure to account for taxes. I think I can on bid up to $160 given the taxes. Can I use the posted bidding strategy and bid it only up to $160 or have I just messed everything up??? It is no fun being a newbie...

Yes, the re-bid zones you've listed in the post immediately above are currently correct. (always doublecheck again before bidding to make sure that nothing has changed)

If you want to stop at $160 you can still follow the above, but i would start at $100 and then go up by $5 each bid... following the same bid/re-bid strategy gives you the correct number of steps to get you up to $160 for your last bid.

Good luck and let us know how it goes (of if you have any additional questions)

PS- before you get started you should list the 5 re-bid zones (you can take them from the post immediately above) and label each of them re-bid1, re-bid2, re-bid3, etc, etc. Then just follow the strategy we outlined above, substituting re-bid1 for the first re-bid zone in your list, re-bid2 for the 2nd re-bid zone in your list, etc, etc.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to hear you received a win within your desired budget! Hopefully you're happy with the results and this will work well for your needs.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and using our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]