Priceline Hotel: 3* San Francisco (USW-Nob Hill) The Donatello

Moosu
By Moosu,
in

I've been trying to get a couple hotel rooms for me and several friends for February 5-8. I and a few are arriving on the 5th, and the rest are arriving on the 6th, and we're all leaving the 8th.

My strategy: get the block of two rooms Feb 6-8, and then try to get the same hotel for one room Feb 5-6. The other way would be to try to get one room for the 3-day stay, and the other room for the 2-day stay, but there's the chance that you'd end up in two hotels.

I really hoped for the Renaissance Stanford Court, and it has been won in the past for $70-150, but I'd be happy with anything in Union Square West - Nob Hill. However, my bids reached $90 at 4 stars, so I lowered my sights and did not have much luck with 3.5 stars either. I know that most of the 3-star hotels are boutique hotels, but that's okay.

So, I started dropping the star levels and managed to get a bite at 3 stars from The Donatello, 501 Post Street, for $82.

328 + 61.26 for a total of $389.26 (two rooms, Feb 6-8)

I immediately bid $82 at three stars for the remaining day for one room - and got The Donatello again!

82 + 20.33 for a total of $102.33 (one room, Feb 5-6)

I signed up here a couple days ago, and for these days have used the PRICELINE link to start my bidding. After today's first success though I wanted to make sure to get the next bid in quickly so I did it while still in their system.

Thanks BetterBidding!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]