Hotwire Hotel: 3* Toronto (Don Valley) Radisson Toronto East

Flipphone
By Flipphone,
in

Hello,

I am looking for a hotel downtown Toronto for the night of August 10th. Started with a 3*, went through the re-bidding process by adding areas to the bid that didn't have 3 or 4* hotels, then even added the Don Valley area which does have 3*s ...

Now maybe I am being cheap but I started bidding at 35, and progressed up to 55 (I know I started off too low :)

So now I am asking if I should check the 2.5* box for this bid or wait the 72 hours and start again. The only area I currently have in this bid that specifically has 2.5*s listed is the Toronto Downtown area ...

My question is ... does anyone one know which hotels I might get if I add the 2.5* hotel to this bid. I checked the hotel list given on here and there are no 2.5*'s listed. Also, if anyone knows which hotels might be given under the 2*s I would love to get that info too ... for future reference.

Thanks again.

Flipphone

ON, Canada

Hi,

Thanks for those points ... I did try the CanadaHotelExperts.com site and they said they could give me a hotel for $104 CDN plus fees and taxes. Came to to a total of about $126 CDN (approx. $93 US with tax / fees).

Since it seems like the 2.5 and 2* levels are new for Toronto Downtown I think will try my bid and see what happens. I will let you know.

Flipphone

ON, Canada

Well, I goofed up my rebid. I think I should of started new, with just looking at Toronto Downtown, with the 2.5, 3, & 4 star hotels checked. And then added the other areas as I raised my bid amount. I think that would have worked ... since I was adding an new star level (?)

But what I did was just added the 2.5* level to the bid with all the differnt area checked and then my first bid of $54 (still maybe thinking a little too low) was rejected. So I think I will wait the 72 hours and retry this on Sat or Sunday. If I don't get it I will look at Hotwire and the CanadaHotelExperts.com as backups.

Flipphone

ON, Canada

After messing up my rebids on Priceline ... checked Hotwire for a hotel in Downtown Toronto and the Toronto - Don Valley area.

Got a quote for a 3* at $48 US ($61.95 with fees / taxes).

I was a little reluctant to accept the offer, even though it is a good price, because Hotwire has a very broad view of what is in the Don Valley area ... as their map of the area shows. So I thought I would probably end up with a hotel in the north end of the area but was hoping for something a little further south. But since I have lots of time to work with and don't actually have to be downtown first thing in the morning I thought I would take a chance. A decent hotel anywhere in the Toronto area for under $85 CDN a night (including all taxes) is a pretty good deal.

Here is what I ended up with:

Radisson Hotel Toronto East

55 Hallcrown Place

North York, ON M2J 4R1

Canada

(416) 493-7000

1 room(s) @ $48.00 per night x 1 night(s) $48.00

Taxes and fees: $13.95

Hotel Subtotal $61.95

Total Price $61.95

Flipphone

ON, Canada

Thereuare,

Here is what it said - direct from Hotwire.

--------

This hotel features the following amenities:

Restaurant(s)

At least one restaurant is located on the hotel premises.

Pool(s)

Hotel features at least one pool area. (Note: This amenity offering may be seasonal. Please check hours/availability directly with the hotel.)

Fitness Center

Hotel features exercise equipment.

Business Center

Hotel offers guests access to business equipment/services.

-------

Didn't that all come through on the first post? Hope that helps.

Flipphone

ON, Canada

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]