HI Oahu Park Shore Hotel Waikiki Beach

ScottF12345
By ScottF12345,
in

Worst hotel ever stayed at! Priceline mentioned right when I booked. Called ahead for 2 beds, got their and told me 25$ extra a night if I want 2 beds. Smallest room I've ever seen. Was told they would send up a rollaway bed. Bed got here and doesnt even fit in the room. Room is disgustingly dirty. Balcony is falling apart and about 1 foot wide. View of building right in front. AVOID THIS HOTEL AT ALL COSTS! I wouldn't even bid 3*s in this area as you might get this. I've stayed at 1*s back in the day that put this so called 3* hotel to shame. Please read this before bidding waikiki area as you will be UNBELIEVABLY disappointed.

• 1 month later...

I stayed at Park Shore a lil over a week ago, in a nutshell.... I would not stay here again. It is possible that our room was an extreme case, but I can only give an opinion based on the accommodations I had. Our room was very worn and downright ugly with a huge green 2x3 carpet stain in the room along with several other large splotches and discoloration. Even at the nearly half-off rate, it still wasn't worth the price we paid. Some positives; a great location across the street from the beach, and we had a partial ocean view. There was a mini-fridge and coffee maker with free coffee and the toiletries & soap were from Bath and Body Works. But if we were staying longer than 12 hours we would have probably moved to another hotel, have stayed in Motel 6 rooms that are better. We're not picky travelers, but this was probably the worst looking room I've ever stayed in.

I have already written via email to complain and demand my money back, because IMO, we paid for a 3* room and this wasn't even 2*. I think the fact that they broke their agreement by not delivering a 3* room should nullify the "NO REFUND" policy in this case.

I actually took pictures of the stained up, shabby room and requested an email address to find out who I could send them to. IF I have to, I'll mail copies of the photos to every address I could find for priceline. Honestly, It didn't ruin our vacation, since we were just happy to be on our way to Kauai, but it's the POINT. They actually raised the star rating to this hotel to a 3*, when it is definitely not deserved, based on their websites definition of a 3*. Along with the refund, I also requested they drop the star level to an accurate one so other travelers do not have to deal with this.

I will probably be posting this review and maybe even the pics of the room on all the travel websites I frequent, so Priceline, if you're out there, I hope you read this and maybe you can put some resolution to my experience.

• 4 weeks later...

Just had to follow up with this good news. It took a few weeks before getting a response, but after writing 2 detailed emails, Priceline issued a refund for our unpleasant night at Park Shore. I also requested that they lower the star level rating, but no info on that. I guess as posts continue, time will only tell on that one. After hearing a lot of negative info from others about Pricelines customer service, I must say that I was pleasantly surprised and am glad I have a reason to continue using Priceline.

• 6 months later...

Awesome Stay! April 25 - April 28 2005

Booked on Priceline for $60 a night. I got to the hotel about 1230pm on Sunday and was greeted with a smile at the registration desk that my room was ready to move into. I was in one of the standard rooms. Yes, it dide face the Aston next door but who cares...who's in a room that mich anyway. Look to the right and you see some other hotels and the mountains. To the left and its the ocean. You're not in a oceanfront room so dont expect it.

The room itself was small, but if you rwad a review you know that beforehand and you dont get your hopes up that its going to be huge. By the way, unless you pay an outrageous amount for a hotel (ie like $200+ a night, all the rooms are pretty much the same size. The room itself was clean and the bed was comfortable. The TV was adequate, no movie channels though for the evening before you go to bed. The bathroom was nice (small yes) but still adqeuate. Remember you're only paying like $60 a night. Expect it.

The pool deck was very nice, offering views of diamond head and the ocean. Plenty of room to relax and lay out. There is an ABC store right off the loby which is nice...although they are on every corner. The staff were very friendly and ofent held the elevator for you or let you take it and they took another one. Expedia has a tours desk in the loby to set stuff up for you.

Well, once I figure out how to post pics I will.

Locations is awesome, short walk to everything in Waikiki without having to pay for it. Definetly recommend it and worth the 3* it got.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Stayed there from 19-26th May and on 28th

Was quite happy to get this hotel for 48 $ for most of the nights and 71 $ for two nights (memorial day weekend).

The location is great, there's is free parking in walking distance, thus we only shelled out the 13$ for parking for the first night.

Staff was friendly and accomodating during the first stay. Got our request (two beds, non smoking).

When we came back for the 28th, however they told us we had to relocate to another hotel because they were oversold. We refused to do so and after some discussions accepted another room choice (only one bed) in order to stay at the PS, which was fine.

Rooms where small, as everywhere in Hawaii, but clean and comfy. The walls are thin tough, we had neighbours who were always arguing at 7 am, which was a bit annoying. But they WERE loud, so not sure if it's the hotels fault.

Could see the ocean from our lanai (which other hotel would sell you as a partial ocean view!!).

Loved the pool deck, altough we only used it twice, given we were so close to the beach.

They are not so fussy regarding pool towels as other hotels are. You just get them at the reception, that's it, no deposit, no discussions..

You get free in room coffee makers with Kona Coffee, which we really appreciated.

All in all, I think we got a good deal and were very statisfied with our stay.

We also stayed at the Mariott and the Turtle Bay during this trip and I have to say that the Park Shore was by far the best value for money.

• 6 months later...

Stayed here for 2 nights before heading to the other islands, paid around $75/night thru priceline. I've bidded for a 3* hotel in Sept and received this one, but right before I left in Dec, this hotel was downgraded to 2*. :)

Not as bad as I thought it would be from reading others ppl's reviews. Staff was nice and friendly, small rooms but excellent location. This hotel is located at the end of the Waikiki beach area, if you take the hotel shuttle at the airport, you'll be waiting for everyone to get off at other hotels before the driver stops at Park Shore.

Pro's:

Cheap

Close to beach

Friendly staff

Lulu's downstairs for breakfast (Hawaiian version of Denny's)

Public transportation outside the hotel

Con's:

Old Hotel

Small bathroom

1 of 3 elevators not working

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]