Priceline Hotel: Identifying Basking Ridge hotels?

kstrom
By kstrom,
in

In the past, we have won the 2.5 Basking Ridge Courtyard for < $50. The betterbidding priceline hotel list now has it as a 3*, but I can't see any posts that confirm the level increase. Is the info solid?

Second, the priceline region also shows a 2* and a 2.5*. If the Courtyard is now a 3*, does anyone have any idea what the 2* and 2.5* might be? A quick google revealed several other hotels in the area. They seem to be too "fancy" for a 2.5*, though some got terrible reviews.

Thanks,

Kstrom

Board moderator thereuare is likely more familiar with the area and can point out how the Courtyard was upgraded (in terms of where that info is) - I am not finding a post with it as a 3* either.

It *might* be because PRICELINE's retail side has it as a 3*, but I'm not sure if that guarantees it's a 3* on the bidding side.

Not sure what the 2/2.5* are, as PRICELINE only lists a pair of 3*'s on the retail side for Basking ridge.

I'd agree that the Courtyard has been upgraded to a 3*; as AaronJB points out that its a 3* on the PRICELINE "shop and compare" retail site. Also, all of my previous Courtyard wins have been upgraded to 3* with the addition of the new 3.5* rating. As for the 2* and 2.5* hotels, I checked the Priceline "shop and compare" retail site and compared the available hotels against the boundaries of the Basking Ridge zone and there were only 3* hotels that looked as if they fit into the zone (Courtyard, Dolce, Indigo). There are two other hotels (Somerset Hills Hotel, Bernards Inn) that are within the boundaries of the Basking Ridge zone but I'm not sure if either participates with PRICELINE.

Would you consider the Morristown zone? The Hyatt Morristown comes up frequently and it has been reported in the $50 (or less) range. Its a nice property and for the $$ its one of the best values in NJ, next to the Somerset Marriott Somerset Crowne Plaza.

Good luck, can you also post your dates of travel?

Yes, the Basking Ridge Courtyard is currently rated 3* by PRICELINE.

About a month or two ago PRICELINE removed the Boutique rating and also added a 3.5* classification in their rating system. As a result, many 2.5* properties (including many Courtyard properties) were upgraded to the 3* level.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]